DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ops Over People with Mini 3 Pro (US Waiver)

Vic Moss

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Well, I've been talking about this for about 8 weeks. And promising to release it for the last two.

I was finally able to get this recorded, edited, and published, so we pushed it out today.

If you're looking to get a 107.39/107.145 waiver for your business, simply follow my examples, fill out the application, and sit back and wait (likely 2-3 months at this point, based on my discussion with the Waiver Office this morning).

I've also applied for a modification to add the Mini 4 Pro. I should have that soon as well.

Full article with all links here: 107.39/107.145 Application Info - Drone Service Providers Alliance

Thanks for sharing Vic

Wow, thank you for the hard work.

I do have a question though.

Let's say I have a Mini 3 Pro and I modified it to shave off weight and with fully encompassing prop guards it weighs under 250 grams.

Would this meet Category I OOP and I would not need a waiver?
Category I does not need the DOC and a waiver correct?

Reactions: MS Coast
You could. But it’s going to take a lot of “shaving" to get below 250g.

You’ll end up jeopardizing the integrity of the body.

Last edited:
You could. But it’s bout to take a lot of “shaving to get below 250g.

You’ll end up jeopardizing the integrity of the body.
Thank you, I am just making sure that I fully understand the rules.

This is really great news. I havent watehed your full video yet, so maybe you answered this question in there. But did you ever discuss parachute options with the FAA during this process? My use case is more construction mapping , roof and pavement inspection, etc. I would need to have this option on the much heavier Mavic 3E, where total weight with the parachute and prop guards would be about 1050g. I calculated a max falling KE of about 11.71 ft/lbs. (5.5 m/s) Actual flight speeds would be about the same. Do you think its worth trying for a similar waiver?

This is really great news. I havent watehed your full video yet, so maybe you answered this question in there. But did you ever discuss parachute options with the FAA during this process? My use case is more construction mapping , roof and pavement inspection, etc. I would need to have this option on the much heavier Mavic 3E, where total weight with the parachute and prop guards would be about 1050g. I calculated a max falling KE of about 11.71 ft/lbs. (5.5 m/s) Actual flight speeds would be about the same. Do you think its worth trying for a similar waiver?
Parachute options are another part of the process, but not for the Mini series. That wasn't part of my discussions with the FAA. This waiver was written to make it easier for us to get the OOP waiver.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_