DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone know meaning of message?

royster

Reactions
Flying last night, this message flashed across screen so quickly it took me few times to fully read it.
"Braking now, return sticks to center position"- Message flashed on screen as right stick released, from approx. 80% forward, release stick & message flashes. As stated, flashed so quickly I had to give power & let off again, few times, to read it through.
I assume stick calibration is the first thing to try?

It means your Mavic thought it was detecting an obstacle. When flying at night, you should disable obstacle avoidance since it's not designed to work in low light conditions.

Yes was coming home, , it was actually getting to dark to fly, I only stayed up to fully read the message!
Thanks, once again msinger!

Hi There; This is the third/fourth error message I have received in the last week and a half - "return sticks to center position" etc. It was 1000 hrs and bright sunshine. MP was in sport mode due to low angle of light and many "brakings" due to glare. Also (intermittently) getting quite a bit of delay in video signal even with slow MP movements. Any clues???

I had this happen once and could not figure it out... I did an IMU calibration and it never happened again... then someone told me that one of the forward sensors could have had something on it. IE: Dirt, a leaf... something like that.

I had this happen once and could not figure it out... I did an IMU calibration and it never happened again... then someone told me that one of the forward sensors could have had something on it. IE: Dirt, a leaf... something like that.
Thanks for the suggestion - I will have another go-round of the machine! I am about to uninstall/reinstall the app as well to see if there is something corrupt there

Happens to me when flying after supper, just before sunsets, never see this "return sticks to center---" at any other time.

Hi There; This is the third/fourth error message I have received in the last week and a half - "return sticks to center position" etc. It was 1000 hrs and bright sunshine. MP was in sport mode due to low angle of light and many "brakings" due to glare. Also (intermittently) getting quite a bit of delay in video signal even with slow MP movements. Any clues???
Happens to me when flying after supper, just before sunsets, never see this "return sticks to center---" at any other time.
Low light, especially with added reflective light from water, will cause the forward sensors to give a false obstacle reading. Either turn away from direct light, turn off forward sensors, or put in sport mode (which turns off forward sensors) to keep flying. Just remember to turn the sensors back on for your next flight.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13