DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone know what happened here in this video?

rabidhyena

Reactions
Hi,
Flew from a regular spot today.
Got home point and GPS. Just before (and me not noticing) I take off it suddenly goes to vision system only.
Then it fires a message saying that I am at maximum altitude when I'm only 4m high.
Its wobbling around and I manage to bring it back to land.
I reset it and then it fly perfectly like normal thereafter
Just wondered what on earth happened. Probably something stupid...and my own fault. Any theories?
Latest firmwares installed.

Mike

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I just got the no-fly-zone warning that you clicked through right at the start of your clip. While my Mavic flew perfectly, unlike yours, there does seem to be something going on.

My thread:
Warnings preventing safe flight!

Where you in or near a no-fly-zone?

Recently I've been getting this message too. Was 10 miles outside the 5 mile range and still kept getting it. Assuming I had no problem I clicked that I beared the responsibility for my actions but my Mavic did fly fine. Wonder if this is something new

No, wasnt in a no fly zone. Weird how it tripped out of the GPS mode despite 15 sats and also the strange max height warning at 4m

People need to understand that it does not matter if you are not in a NFZ. The important thing is that the Mavic thinks it's in an NFZ and will do whatever it's programmed to do for the rating of the NFZ that it thinks it is in.

Your video shows A solid GPS lock then the GPS lock went and the NFZ message came up on the screen. It seems like the firmware shutdown the GPS module and restricted your height to 4M while in VPS mode.

Try uploading the DAT file and we can look at it, if you want more details.

Also why not try the mavic a few miles from that location and see if the results change.

Rob

Reactions: BudWalker
Thanks
I have flown here many times before with no such problems.
My main worry is that this is the first sign of a malfunctioning unit.
Just wondered if anyone had had similar

You are technically in ATTI mode with vision system (belly sensors) to assist with stabilisation. In ATTI/Vision mode, you are not permitted to fly above 8m.
It looks like the compass could be conflicting with the GPS and forcing it into ATTI to prevent a flyaway. You can see the SAT counts increase but no GPS lock, this is usually a symptom of compass getting erroneous data.

Ok, should I worry about this going forward? or just accept it as an isolated glitch?

I had similar expirience, but i was in a hurry and put mavic, fire it up and take of without watching and/or waiting for gps.. throotle to full and mavic stop at 5 m.. and slightly goes to drift.. my take off location was hmm.. i will post some pictures and data.. i will tell more that i could with words..
4cbd5b1f3e7f6a7541afe4f3d7d3310e.jpg

..be fRee and fLy..

Initially I'd consider it as an isolated glitch, if that happens again look at the sensors page and see the compass status since poor compass data would cause just that (and is nthe only known thing that would).

Heres the picture where mavic stop at 5 m and start to drift to wall..
deb86e6b97633ffd1b24ca8a2a990a9d.jpg

..be fRee and fLy..

Your GPS Health dropped to 0. Without a GPS health of at least 4, your drone will not operate in GPS mode and will default to ATTI. With only ATTI mode you can't climb very high or fly very far. This is a safety feature to prevent crashes. The question is why the GPS Health dropped.

Ok, so its behavior shows it was in vision mode and it was doing as it should. The remaining question is why it jumped out of GPS mode despite initially having GPS lock and 15 sats

Ok, so its behavior shows it was in vision mode and it was doing as it should. The remaining question is why it jumped out of GPS mode despite initially having GPS lock and 15 sats
Like I said in an earlier post, the GPS Health dropped to 0. It was unable to maintain a GPS lock.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAMiK