DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone own A Autel Drone?

Just reading your posts and complaints on other forums. I’m not a big fan of DJI support, but i don’t think any company is going to come to the party and help you when you knowingly bought a damaged drone and the expect it to be fixed under warranty. Dude- be realistic
I also read that you may want to get rid of your MPP that you bought new and are having no issue with. How much do you want for it?

I’m in the United States your in Australia I don’t think a sale can happen lol

It should not matter who had it when I was damaged by Dji’s Firmware even GMC took care of issue with my Yukon’s fuel pump 10 years after the recall went out and I’m the third owner they did a $900 Repair free of charge because it was their fault! Dji is at fault so why are they not responsible just because I’m not the original owner? The person that sold it to me didn’t want to deal with it so I am! Think about it I’m more than realistic! And I want $1000.00 for the Mavic Pro Platinum it barely has a hour flight time on it.
But I’m sure if the pump was damaged from a possible collision, they may not have been so forthcoming to pay for repairs.

But I’m sure if the pump was damaged from a possible collision, they may not have been so forthcoming to pay for repairs.

It was a recall. The same as what’s happening to these Phantoms you can’t update the firmware while flying the drone! And a crash is not going to burn up the board while updating it! The reason they are failing is because they are overheating during the update and when people figured out what was going on they now know you have to put a fan on the Gimble to prevent a failure during the update! (apparently the tiny fan on the Gimble is insufficient to keep the board cool when it’s not in the air getting natural airflow) I’m not going to argue about this it’s a know issue and there’s no other reason for this exact failure Dji just doesn’t want to admit to it because if they do they will have a lot of drones to fix even the ones not affected yet! It would become a mass recall! Do you own a Phantom 3 Professional? The mavic has a much better cooling system DJi messed up with the design of the P3Ps Gimble design. Its all about the bottom line the CFO of Dji is not going to let Dji Repair this issue without a fight it’s the nature of corporate business today maximum profits!

So they have issued a recall for some?

I’m just trying to understand why you think any drone company would fix a second hand broken device? I don’t think the car example is good, but have you ever tried to have a phone fixed under warranty when there is physical damage? It might not be fair, I agree with you there, but I also know that if these companies can find a reason to pay up, they will. DJI are not alone here

No the California Attorney General is trying to build a case against Dji but they need enough complaints to move forward it’s just how it works I don’t know the specifics of of how that government agency works but they only go after companies when enough people are known to have been affected by something! I could go after Dji myself but I would have to pay a private attorney and I don’t have the money to go after a company the size of Dji! It’s all political red tape.

I’m just trying to understand why you think any drone company would fix a second hand broken device? I don’t think the car example is good, but have you ever tried to have a phone fixed under warranty when there is physical damage? It might not be fair, I agree with you there, but I also know that if these companies can find a reason to pay up, they will. DJI are not alone here

The recall on my Yukon only happened when GM was forced to do something about it! The same goes with the world wide airbag recall my Yukon is affected by This also but it’s not on the list yet it was such a big issue they are taking care of the newer vehicles first, this Dji issue is nowhere near that scale but still people’s expensive drones are working one day and when Dji either forced a update or even a voluntary update it’s there Firmware that damaged the drone! They won’t tell people to cool the drone with a fan because that admits guilt and the AG will have a case they can’t loose. I have nothing to lose by trying to get Dji to fix this! They are the ones that will loose if I never buy another drone from them. Sure I’m just one person but I’m not the only one and if they burned the P3P owners what happens if something like this happens with the mavic? Or the Mavic 2. Even worse a Inspire a lot of movie studios use them and won’t be happy.

what happens if something like this happens with the mavic? Or the Mavic 2. Even worse a Inspire a lot of movie studios use them and won’t be happy.
Nothing becasue firstly it isn't a large scale issue, and anyway they just replace them and make users happy again. Has happened on a couple of mavics, but rare and all were replaced that I know of.

If you replaced the shell in your particular case you're probably out of luck, but that case would likely ony concern a handful of people.
And if you had had the shell replaced under warranty that wouldn't be an issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronecc