DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone tried these 5in1 chargers ?

I have one for my Mavic. Did the mod and the charger is great! One hour and your back in the air.
May I ask a couple of quick questions?
Did you do the Ground Mod, Switch Mod or Both? I'm curious where there is room to mount the switch and what type... Assuming you desolder on lead from plug and run through switch and back no?
Thanks in advance, Tom

I did also do the Ground mod.
Addiional I also added a power switch and added an Miro USB cable with an USB-C Adapter for my phone. This way
I never have tot think about my charging cable for the phone or the Mavic controller and the USB cable is the same length
as the Battery charging leads so its very handy!

IMG_20170315_213819.jpg

IMG_20170315_213835.jpg

Andy

Reactions: DOC_XDA and TomOwen
Addiional I also added a power switch and added an Miro USB cable with an USB-C Adapter for my phone. This way
I never have tot think about my charging cable for the phone or the Mavic controller and the USB cable is the same length

View attachment 8593

View attachment 8594

Andy
Looks great Andy, Thank you!

May I ask a couple of quick questions?
Did you do the Ground Mod, Switch Mod or Both? I'm curious where there is room to mount the switch and what type... Assuming you desolder on lead from plug and run through switch and back no?
Thanks in advance, Tom

I put my switch in the same general area as his, but up on top on the blue area where the "Y" is. Pictures have already been posted and floating around on these forums.

Reactions: TomOwen

View attachment 8593

View attachment 8594

Andy
Like the power switch, I looked at this and did not think there was sufficient room need to look again I see you managed to squeeze it in at the air vent

yes it is very tight but it works and now i really like the charger especially the USB cable since I always forget those cables

Andy

Cheers Andy fitted a small on off switch just finished it half an hour ago now charging three batteries ATB Tom

yes it is very tight but it works and now i really like the charger especially the USB cable since I always forget those cables

Andy
Meant to ask where did you get the chunky USB cable looks like a permanent fixture now and I have not seen that style of USB end before I have the dual micro USB / lighting end as I have a few of these.

it is selfmade so I desoldered the female USB from the charger and ditectly soldered a USB cable to the charger and 3d printed a little cap that fits the aloy housing

andy

As it happens I ordered one today, got fed up waiting for 1 battery to charge, then the next....

Reactions: TomOwen
it is selfmade so I desoldered the female USB from the charger and ditectly soldered a USB cable to the charger and 3d printed a little cap that fits the aloy housing

andy
That sounds like too much hassle plus I don't think the good lady would be too pleased if a new Formlabs printer arrived at the doorstep despite my daughter working for them in Boston!! nice to use the toys though.

Thanks for all the support here, I bought on the other day and so far so good. I did the ground mod today and learned a few things. As stated, it is very tight in there for a switch, either top down or in the vent. The 125v illuminated that I had are too dep and diameter makes it tough. So I'll look for a smaller microswitch for the rear vent as noted above.
The case will separate but will take more "influence" than I was willing to give.
The big take-away was the clearance for the ground wire. Center of power receptacle is good but clearence for the eyelet terminal connector took some extra work on the inboard side (as seen in the vid) Take a look at the outboard side and assess for yourself, but don't rule it out. Also, I like to tighten things, usually too much. Be mindful that the nut/screw combo for the eyelet is going through the PLASTIC flange of the power input. If you over-tighten, it will break the corner/radius of the plastic... (no need to ask me how I know on this one... ;-)

When I happen across a switch that will fit I'll go back for the switch mod but for now I'm happy with the ground.

Thanks again, Tom
(Note: Power cable included is a 2 conductor, not 3.)

Not entirely sure how its made CE marking as with no ground its not entirely safe. In UK provided your electrical installation meets 16th or 17th Edition of the IEE Regs, you are protected by a Residual Current Device, which will trip out if there is more than a 30ma (or 100ma) variation in the supply Live to Neutral. Its not marked up as double insulated, which it isn't so really should have a proper earth to all the metal case parts.

There is a 50000 euro fine for just applying the CE mark without proper certification.
CE marking VS China Export (fake CE). mind the gap

Thanks for all the support here, I bought on the other day and so far so good. I did the ground mod today and learned a few things. As stated, it is very tight in there for a switch, either top down or in the vent. The 125v illuminated that I had are too dep and diameter makes it tough. So I'll look for a smaller microswitch for the rear vent as noted above.
The case will separate but will take more "influence" than I was willing to give.
The big take-away was the clearance for the ground wire. Center of power receptacle is good but clearence for the eyelet terminal connector took some extra work on the inboard side (as seen in the vid) Take a look at the outboard side and assess for yourself, but don't rule it out. Also, I like to tighten things, usually too much. Be mindful that the nut/screw combo for the eyelet is going through the PLASTIC flange of the power input. If you over-tighten, it will break the corner/radius of the plastic... (no need to ask me how I know on this one... ;-)

When I happen across a switch that will fit I'll go back for the switch mod but for now I'm happy with the ground.

Thanks again, Tom
(Note: Power cable included is a 2 conductor, not 3.)

Mine was a 3 pin power cable and the earth is on the chassis on the inside.

Got mine today and can't pre-grounded. However the included AC cable was super flimsy. So throwing that cable out and intended to use an old AC cable from my PC.

Did I see a picture of an updated version of this charger somewhere which had a digital display in the corner.
If yes, anyone got a link?

Last edited:
Dear,

The original charger when it detects that the Battery is 100% charged, it switches off and does not charge any more.

My charger 5 in 1 keeps charging even when the Green LED on the charger lights up.
After a few minutes the LED3 on the Battery starts blinks twice per second informing "Over charge detected."

Mine works fine it stops charging a battery when it’s fully charged. All the lights go out.

I can confirm mine does the same. After full charge lights on charger go green and all lights on the battery go out.

As I understand it the battery itself is intelligent and will regulate its chrging current - so could this be a faulty product battery?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78