DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone tried these 5in1 chargers ?

I bought one of these - what I did, added ground to the board as well as the case as in mine there was no ground connected at all (silly), here in the UK our 3 pin plugs already have a fuse so none needed, neither a switch as all our sockets have switches - but I also added some Mica sheet in between the board and the case (for insulation) - didnt like the idea of that being exposed ... all good apart from that - perfect for fast charging ...

Reactions: Gizmo21
Hey @propilot, I'm sure you had your 5 in 1 charger for little time now, was wondering if it is worth it? And how you rate? And like it ? Thanks

I've had mine for a bit now and it works great. We use a portable 12v battery on the field and it can charge up 3 mavic batteries in a little over an hour.

Reactions: PropPilot
Hey @propilot, I'm sure you had your 5 in 1 charger for little time now, was wondering if it is worth it? And how you rate? And like it ? Thanks

Soapy, it is 100% worth the money. Charges my three batteries, remote and android tablet in about 60-70 minutes total from 12% (critical battery shutdown) level. I used my Mavic supplied charger once and now the 5in1 is in the kit. It is 120/220 so I can take it everywhere. Get it.

I've been using my 5in1 for some time now and have had no problems so far. I'm still waiting for someone to share their chassis grounding mod pics. I'd like to do this, but would like to see how it's properly done first.

What I'd like is a field charger that can handle 2 or 3 batteries at a time. Ideally connected to a deep discharge 12 V battery (no inverter). Then batts could go into the trunk of the car as they come back and get charged in turn. A 55 Ah battery would give over 10 MP battery charges.
Just need to charge the deep discharge batt the night before...

What I'd like is a field charger that can handle 2 or 3 batteries at a time. Ideally connected to a deep discharge 12 V battery (no inverter). Then batts could go into the trunk of the car as they come back and get charged in turn. A 55 Ah battery would give over 10 MP battery charges.
Just need to charge the deep discharge batt the night before...

Check out this thread:
Portable field power

In recent field tests I was able to use it to charge up three batteries. It has both AC and DC built in.

Soapy, it is 100% worth the money. Charges my three batteries, remote and android tablet in about 60-70 minutes total from 12% (critical battery shutdown) level. I used my Mavic supplied charger once and now the 5in1 is in the kit. It is 120/220 so I can take it everywhere. Get it.

When you are on the field do you use a car charger as well? Or bring the 5 in 1 with a inverter ?

When you are on the field do you use a car charger as well? Or bring the 5 in 1 with a inverter ?
I usually bring both. Since I usually use the portable power unit it has both AC and DC. The AC can last about 1.5 hours...charging up 3 batteries using the 1 in 5 unit. Then I still have about 65% battery power left on the portable power that I can use with DC charger, which can only do one at a time. Although there are 2 DC ports, so if someone else brings there charger we could charge two at the same time.

I've been using my 5in1 for some time now and have had no problems so far. I'm still waiting for someone to share their chassis grounding mod pics. I'd like to do this, but would like to see how it's properly done first.

Here you go

Attachments

• IMG_2950.JPG
    IMG_2950.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_2951.JPG
    IMG_2951.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_2952.JPG
    IMG_2952.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 152
Does anyone know how many watts an inverter would need to support this charger safely? 150?

Standard on/off switch from a Frys (or Sayal in Canada) with 16 gauge wire

SeattleMarc - P=IV the P (watts) will be the current times the voltage. From the faceplate I see 13.05 volts x 13.5 amps so the DC wattage would be 178 watts. There are some AC to DC losses however the power on the AC side would be in a similar range so I think you would be pushing a 200 watt inverter but it would do it.

Reactions: dsd317

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milixa9705