DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone use the MOVERIO BT-35E Smart Glasses with their drone?

Mr.H.

Reactions
The MOVERIO BT-35, is pricey, but does allow a single operator to keep line of sight while having an FPV of the drone without a spotter. Besides recreational use of the MOVERIO BT-35E when using a drone, I can see how the smart glasses could be a valuable tool if using your drone for certain kinds of paid work.

I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on the glasses if they have used them.

Just moved you to a section where you might get more responses.?

The MOVERIO BT-35, is pricey, but does allow a single operator to keep line of sight while having an FPV of the drone without a spotter. Besides recreational use of the MOVERIO BT-35E when using a drone, I can see how the smart glasses could be a valuable tool if using your drone for certain kinds of paid work.

There a great addition to the mavic zoom or pro 2 if you have the smart controller if not you can look into the moverio bt300

Reactions: Scubadiver1944

Looking at your posts, do you fly a Mavic 2 Pro? Do you use a smart controller? I've owned a Moverio BT-300 for over a year, the concept is the same as the BT-35e, and compared to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8" tablet I used before there's no contest. Moverio every time, no looking from VLOS to the tablet and losing sight of the Mavic if it's a long distance away,
besides which I found the tablet's picture was washed out in bright sunlight (I fly mostly in the tropics).
The main advantage to the BT-35e appears to be in dispensing with the BT-300's "puck" controller which some users find a bit fiddly, especially on the occasions one might need to enter a password on the system, in which case using a mouse is the only way to go. The interface unit accompanying the BT-35e is a device many BT-300 users would like to get their hands on but Epson currently don't sell it separately. The advantage seems to be its extra connectivity to devices such as the smart controller or the CrystalSky monitor via HDMI and USB-C, besides which, if required the ability to add extra juice via a power bank might be considered useful. Both the SC or CrystalSky screens are mirrored on the Moverio glasses but I would suggest it would be much easier than the "puck" controller of the BT-300. As far as being superior to for example DJI's goggles, I would suggest so, as I used my BT-300's when flying from a wooden jetty in New Guinea stretching nearly 100 metres from shore, only 2 metres wide and sharks swimming in the lagoon only 3 metres underneath me, one false step and I'd be in the drink swimming with them! Therefore to see & be aware of one's immediate surroundings is a big plus over the DJI goggles and no need for a spotter!
That's my 10 cents worth and am hoping I can get hold of the BT-35e's controller from a supplier in North America who claim they have some for sale!

I bought the mt-300 renewed on amazon for $499 us. Looked new to me. Very happy with it. Now would like to sell my samsung tab E 9.6" like new and the skyreat for mounting to the RC. Not sure what to ask?

I bought the mt-300 renewed on amazon for $499 us. Looked new to me. Very happy with it. Now would like to sell my samsung tab E 9.6" like new and the skyreat for mounting to the RC. Not sure what to ask?

You may want to re-think selling your tabby/mount setup.
1. You may need a backup setup if anything happens to the 300's.
B. Sometimes you just want to go out and have fun, and other's can look over your shoulder...
4. You already know your setup works and is stable.

Iappreciate everyone's response. I have the Maveric Pro2 and I also have the smart controller. I'd be okay if DJI allowed the smart controller to also use a phone with their app - i know it's redundant - but DJI offers mapping on of their IOS apps that is not available on Android and I'd be okay connecting an ipad to the smart controller just to use that app when I needed) but DJI doesn't support that on their smart controller and as such I can't use the BT-300 or the BT-350 and will have to use the BT-35e with their HDMI connection - That said, I'd rather just buy the 300 or 350 since it comes with the android device, but as been mentioned Epson doesn't sell the HDMI connector by itself.

Okay, I just read on this other thread that the Smart Controller can CAST wirelessly to the BT-300. Please confirm, as this would eliminate the need to purchase the HDMI module for the BT-35, and would eliminate yet another cable. Now I want a SC too.

Okay, I just read on this other thread that the Smart Controller can CAST wirelessly to the BT-300. Please confirm, as this would eliminate the need to purchase the HDMI module for the BT-35, and would eliminate yet another cable. Now I want a SC too.
Ya but he never confirmed it worked unless I missed it

Reactions: pelagic_one
Ya but he never confirmed it worked unless I missed it
I believe he updated his original post, then followed up with the comment about the lag observed. But now I see you’re on that thread too.

Reactions: Rattydude77
Looking at your posts, do you fly a Mavic 2 Pro? Do you use a smart controller? I've owned a Moverio BT-300 for over a year, the concept is the same as the BT-35e, and compared to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8" tablet I used before there's no contest. Moverio every time, no looking from VLOS to the tablet and losing sight of the Mavic if it's a long distance away,
besides which I found the tablet's picture was washed out in bright sunlight (I fly mostly in the tropics).
The main advantage to the BT-35e appears to be in dispensing with the BT-300's "puck" controller which some users find a bit fiddly, especially on the occasions one might need to enter a password on the system, in which case using a mouse is the only way to go. The interface unit accompanying the BT-35e is a device many BT-300 users would like to get their hands on but Epson currently don't sell it separately. The advantage seems to be its extra connectivity to devices such as the smart controller or the CrystalSky monitor via HDMI and USB-C, besides which, if required the ability to add extra juice via a power bank might be considered useful. Both the SC or CrystalSky screens are mirrored on the Moverio glasses but I would suggest it would be much easier than the "puck" controller of the BT-300. As far as being superior to for example DJI's goggles, I would suggest so, as I used my BT-300's when flying from a wooden jetty in New Guinea stretching nearly 100 metres from shore, only 2 metres wide and sharks swimming in the lagoon only 3 metres underneath me, one false step and I'd be in the drink swimming with them! Therefore to see & be aware of one's immediate surroundings is a big plus over the DJI goggles and no need for a spotter!
That's my 10 cents worth and am hoping I can get hold of the BT-35e's controller from a supplier in North America who claim they have some for sale!

I want the controller as well!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird