DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone use your MM with a Samsung phone?

Mrdj

Reactions
Thinking of getting a secondhand one just for the mini due to the high brightness mode but have read they suffer from screen burn?

Anyone any experience of this?

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Works fine with my A20e, although the screen is LCD so doesn’t suffer from burn in like AMOLED.

I use a Samsung A5 phone and a Samsung Tab A 8.0 tablet. Both work very well, despite not appearing on DJI's list of compatible devices. There has been no evidence of screen burn so far. I also use an iPhone 6 sometimes. The only thing I don't like about the Samsungs is their tendency to drain the controller battery faster than than the iPhones.

Second hand S6 here, bought knowing it had a broken camera, no screen burn BUT it does drain the controller battery (that's a USB.Android problem) SO BEFORE you take the plunge look into the battery draining thing.

You probably have enough responses from Samsung Owners - but, just in case, I have both a Samsung S20 Ultra and a Samsung Tab S6 and both work exceptionally well -- no screen burn.

Good Luck

I use a Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB. This is my "phone phone", too. "Luckily" its battery began swelling and needs replacement. So I just bought a new S8 on Amazon for $350 - can still buy them new. So I'll use the new S8 as my dedicated RC phone and have my "phone phone" repaired. You can see what my priorities are ... ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danski_inthe_Sky