DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone used the Mavic RC with Xperia L2 phone

mfc

Reactions
I've been looking for a 5.5"-screen phone for use with my Mavic Pro. The Sony Xperia L1 looks good as it is (relatively) inexpensive -- however its internal memory is 16GB and Android seems to fill 3/4 of that at startup. 32GB seems the way to go -- and hence the L2 -- but the latter is 9.8mm thick whereas the L1 is 8.7 (the same as my current 'phone, which seems quite a tight fit).

Has anyone tried the L2 in the Mavic RC?

I've been looking for a 5.5"-screen phone for use with my Mavic Pro. The Sony Xperia L1 looks good as it is (relatively) inexpensive -- however its internal memory is 16GB and Android seems to fill 3/4 of that at startup. 32GB seems the way to go -- and hence the L2 -- but the latter is 9.8mm thick whereas the L1 is 8.7 (the same as my current 'phone, which seems quite a tight fit).

Has anyone tried the L2 in the Mavic RC?
The specifications on the remote say 605-8.5 mm is the supported thickness, you may have to remove the rubber pads to fit a 9.8 mm device.

i use a experia z2 and it fits good in the arms but the cord plugs on the side not the bottom so cant use the factory short cord, screenn is nice though

Reactions: mfc
Ended up ordering an XA1 Plus. Technically it's 0.2mm too fat, but if the RC's jaw pads are not flexible enough then a little sanding should ease the problem ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22