DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone using a DJI Care Refresh before it expires?

So to do this you would need to damage your Mavic on purpose to be able to claim on your Care Refesh or why else would you be making a claim?

DJI will have access to your data logs and whilst Care Refresh should still cover you for being stupid and crashing it, I'm not sure I could bring myself to deliberately crash my Mavic.. :(:)

So to do this you would need to damage your Mavic on purpose to be able to claim on your Care Refesh or why else would you be making a claim?

DJI will have access to your data logs and whilst Care Refresh should still cover you for being stupid and crashing it, I'm not sure I could bring myself to deliberately crash my Mavic.. :(:)
True then receive someone else's Ex crashed refurbed mavic [emoji57]

Reactions: Ping^Spike
True then receive someone else's Ex crashed refurbed mavic [emoji57]

You, my friend, have a very negative viewpoint! Hahaha! To each their own but by the time I do mine I plan to have 200+ plus flights on it. Not to mention that it's already a refurb anyway.Then I'll probably sell it for the next Mavic so it won't be my problem anyway. DJI sells a lot of refurbs, in fact they are often out of stock on them. I haven't heard a lot of complaints so I imagine they are okay. If you were buying a drone would you rather have a fresh refurb or a drone with over 200 flights? I would choose the refurb. Thats just me.

Reactions: MAVEYE
Why 'fix' it if it's not broken - but I guess that's easy for me to say as I've always looked after my Mav, never had any glitches or issues with it and never crashed it. :)

Also hilarious that the mods have let a thread roll on blatantly discussing proposed insurance fraud!!

I'm sure that they understand that this is mostly satirical in nature! Besides, DJI Care Refresh is a warranty and not insurance. Otherwise it would cover total loss and theft. DJI clearly states that they won't replace drones that are damaged on purpose. I'm sure that part of the process is going over the logs. Although, I'm also sure they would find it hard to determine stupidity vs intent!

Reactions: BmrUpInTheSky
I never do crap like that. People who do things like this usually get a good spanking of Bad Karma.

Rob

Why 'fix' it if it's not broken - but I guess that's easy for me to say as I've always looked after my Mav, never had any glitches or issues with it and never crashed it. :)

Also hilarious that the mods have let a thread roll on blatantly discussing proposed insurance fraud!!

Driving relecklessly, having an accident, and then filling a claim for the actual repairs is not insurance fraud.

When my refresh runs out, I'm going to consider getting insurance from State Farm for $60 a year. This is what I received from a State Farm Insurance agent when I inquired about drone insurance: "A Personal Articles Policy will cover a hobby drone as long as it does not weigh more than 50 lbs. The PAP will cover your drone for full replacement cost with no deductible on our $60 annual minimum policy. To bind coverage we will need the make, model, serial number, and receipt of purchase (or some documentation to show value). The PAP may be a stand-alone policy, no other policies are required."

With the one year anniversary of the early Mavic deliveries nearing, is anyone thinking about getting some new hardware before their DJI Care Refresh contracts expire?

Given I have had a few Active Track gremlins and have put it into a few trees, I'm leaning towards shelling out the $80 to grab a fresh Mavic before time runs out.

Anyone know of any hardware components that have been upgraded since the early units went out?

Thanks
Chase
If you have NO crashes. Keep it. I just sent my original that was one of the first purchased in November last year for service (I had few minor crashes). What I received in exchange is no where near the original. I sent back the replacement and waiting to see what I receive. DJI refresh. Not the best. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
With the one year anniversary of the early Mavic deliveries nearing, is anyone thinking about getting some new hardware before their DJI Care Refresh contracts expire?

Given I have had a few Active Track gremlins and have put it into a few trees, I'm leaning towards shelling out the $80 to grab a fresh Mavic before time runs out.

Anyone know of any hardware components that have been upgraded since the early units went out?

Thanks
Chase
Two questions. First is the DJI Care runs out? and second is If there is technically nothing wrong I can pay $80 for a new Mavic? If this is all true I certainly will bc I've seen great flights and horrible flights all in the same day just by swapping to a new bat

After reading everyones responses I gotta say I will be sticking with my mavic aka Larry. I do not want a refurb when I paid all said and done over $1400 for whats supposed to be a top notched drone. With the new platinum series out I'm betting the original will end up on a dusty shelf somewhere in their warehouse as will the platinum for the next year model. I bought Larry this past summer and never had an issue until the last few firmware updates. Now I'll have good flights and not so good flights which all seem to be problems with the gimbal resetting during flight. I think I'll stick with Larry I wouldn't want to see him end up on the island of misfit drones lol

Uh hell no!! I agree with you and thats actually correct it needs to be damaged. NOPE!!! Not even a thought

When my refresh runs out, I'm going to consider getting insurance from State Farm for $60 a year. This is what I received from a State Farm Insurance agent when I inquired about drone insurance: "A Personal Articles Policy will cover a hobby drone as long as it does not weigh more than 50 lbs. The PAP will cover your drone for full replacement cost with no deductible on our $60 annual minimum policy. To bind coverage we will need the make, model, serial number, and receipt of purchase (or some documentation to show value). The PAP may be a stand-alone policy, no other policies are required."
Really? Well thats exactly what I'll be doing. I may even do this Monday morning just to get it over with. Why wait till next summer for my care to run out. If something did happen and DJI were to say no just never know then it can't be insured after the damage so why wait. Great post thank you for that info!!!

well you dont really get fresh Mavic you will get a refurbished Mavic that might have other issues.
So if you Mavic dont have issues, well, I dont think you need to refresh it :D

Aside from this recent autofocus issue (which I need to try calibrating the camera to correct, I have read), Mine has worked great and I wouldn't want to trade it in.... Purchased it in Jan of this year, flown at least 50X's. Last flight was on the beach and got her over 8500 ft away at about 200 ft... so nice when the signal is strong.

Aside from this recent autofocus issue (which I need to try calibrating the camera to correct, I have read), Mine has worked great and I wouldn't want to trade it in.... Purchased it in Jan of this year, flown at least 50X's. Last flight was on the beach and got her over 8500 ft away at about 200 ft... so nice when the signal is strong.
Thats a fact!! When flying near a bunch of wifi and power lines I don't get anywhere near that far but when out near more country I can fly as far as I want almost.

Yep I've had State Farm on the different drones and they've replaced two...

If you have NO crashes. Keep it. I just sent my original that was one of the first purchased in November last year for service (I had few minor crashes). What I received in exchange is no where near the original. I sent back the replacement and waiting to see what I receive. DJI refresh. Not the best. Hope this helps.

Weird, I got an awesome replacement that has worked flawlessly for over 50 flights. I completely agree with sending it back if you aren't satisfied though.

I think now that the Platinum is out DJI is probably scaling down the Pro production and the chances that you'll get a "recycled" Mavic (assembled from various used parts) are higher. So, you may end up paying $80 to get a worse Mavic.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB