DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone waiting on the rumored Inspire 2?

DefaultIT

Reactions
So now there are more than a few whispers, notably these 2 images floating around:

Inspire2_Leak.png Inspire2.jpg

I'm wondering if anyone else is awaiting details on an imminent Inspire 2 before jumping in on the Mavic. They are different classes to be sure, but in my case, springing for an I2 doesn't leave an extra 1k in the budget for a Mavic (just yet). Rumored improvements are more obstacle avoidance and a pilot-specific FPV camera, and I'd guess OcuSync. Anyone's guess until announced, of course.

If there is good M4/3 integration on this one (current X5 series or newer stuff) and decent flight time, it's going to be pretty tempting, especially since it seems possible this announcement will happen before Mavic pre-orders are caught up

I am very interested in the Inspire 2 but I have ordered a Mavic. Once the specs are out on the Inspire 2, and the reviews are in, I will be sitting down and carefully doing a business assessment to determine if it will fit the needs that I have identified. If my clients are interested and willing to push and test the technology allowing me to provide them with a service that they pay considerable much more for now, I would be more than willing to pursue it.

As you mention @DefaultIT, we're dealing with two entirely different classes and also characteristics of owners of a Mavic vs. an Inspire. With that being said, we did have a gentleman call in the other day that was looking to get into drones and hopefully start an aerial photography business. He was between the Mavic and waiting for an apparent Inspire 2 as he saw no value in a Phantom 4 for the same price as a Mavic without the newer features in the Mavic.

With that being said, I guess we're now seeing that jump between the Mavic and Inspire whereas initially it seemed that DJI's intention for the Mavic was to be more of a consumer unit "below" the Phantom. Without a doubt the Inspire 2 is going to be another powerful Inspire unit. There's a reason for the Inspire not seeing a major update for 2 years now..it's rock solid and an Inspire 2 will only increase that solidity with the improvements we've been looking for on the Inspire 1 for months.

Reactions: Drone Master
I am definitely looking forward to the I2. I purchased the Mavic for more casual and personal use. Occusync, dedicated Pilot cam, sense and avoid, M4/3, longer battery life are all things I'm hoping for on next Glenn inspire.

Reactions: Advexure
I wouldn't say I'm waiting on it right at the moment... but very curious as to what the final version will be.... lots of rumors and "leaked" photos etc...

It will be interesting. Looking at the technology they put into the Mavic as well as the camera upgrades over the last year makes me think that there are going to be significant changes to the Inspire. A folding and more portable version of a prosumer drone would get a lot of interest.

I have been waiting for the Inspire 2 for about six months. Then I saw the Mavic announcement and figured it would be a nice complement to the I2, so I ordered it. I anticipate using the Mavic while traveling, and the I2 when I am looking for a bump in image quality. I'd like to get both if I can.

The leaked pics hint that the I2 is a real thing and will be announced on Nov 15th.

But now I am wondering if I really want to sign up for another DJI pre-order shipping ordeal.

Reactions: APEX^ZERO
Awesome ! We can finally see upcoming threads on delays .. this time for the I2... yipeeeeee

>>>>>

But now I am wondering if I really want to sign up for another DJI pre-order shipping ordeal.

LOL!... I hear ya!

I would think that unless the price point of the I2 is really, REALLY good and they have implemented some amazing new changes I doubt there will be a huge line for a professional grade 'copter.... my opinion of course.

LOL!... I hear ya!

I would think that unless the price point of the I2 is really, REALLY good and they have implemented some amazing new changes I doubt there will be a huge line for a professional grade 'copter.... my opinion of course.

I hope you are right. I know I didn't anticipate the huge demand for a compact consumer quad, and I was more than a little wrong on that one.

Whatever they announce, I just hope it can take the X5 and X3 cameras and will be available for sale with no camera.

So now there are more than a few whispers, notably these 2 images floating around:

View attachment 506 View attachment 507

I'm wondering if anyone else is awaiting details on an imminent Inspire 2 before jumping in on the Mavic. They are different classes to be sure, but in my case, springing for an I2 doesn't leave an extra 1k in the budget for a Mavic (just yet). Rumored improvements are more obstacle avoidance and a pilot-specific FPV camera, and I'd guess OcuSync. Anyone's guess until announced, of course.

If there is good M4/3 integration on this one (current X5 series or newer stuff) and decent flight time, it's going to be pretty tempting, especially since it seems possible this announcement will happen before Mavic pre-orders are caught up
Dedicated thread here.....
Inspire 2 will be released on November 8th

Last edited:
Is that like a 'stick'?

I can't do any more DJI products after the Mavic debacle, Inspire may find itself on Ebay come 2017. I need to focus on a brand that supplies... :(

Depressing the whole situation. Any suggestions for a multi-rotor will be welcome.

Are there any viable alternatives that provide the same quality and features for comparable price? If so, who?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I'm looking towards the DIY market builds. Only thing that makes sense.

As you mention @DefaultIT, we're dealing with two entirely different classes and also characteristics of owners of a Mavic vs. an Inspire. With that being said, we did have a gentleman call in the other day that was looking to get into drones and hopefully start an aerial photography business. He was between the Mavic and waiting for an apparent Inspire 2 as he saw no value in a Phantom 4 for the same price as a Mavic without the newer features in the Mavic.

With that being said, I guess we're now seeing that jump between the Mavic and Inspire whereas initially it seemed that DJI's intention for the Mavic was to be more of a consumer unit "below" the Phantom. Without a doubt the Inspire 2 is going to be another powerful Inspire unit. There's a reason for the Inspire not seeing a major update for 2 years now..it's rock solid and an Inspire 2 will only increase that solidity with the improvements we've been looking for on the Inspire 1 for months.
Seems as though they are taking on too much at once especially considering the mavic pro shipping debacle.Let's hope dji doesn't tarnish it'safely reputation in the process.What they've been and what they will be in the future are different note its entirety.Seems very risky in terms of putting out questionable products

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada