DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aperture not working

britdub

Reactions
Hello everyone
I purchased a mavic 2 Pro 2nd hand only been flown 4 times, if I'm in manual mode I can see the aperture shield opening and closing, I I'm in any other mode auto A S it doesn't seem to move, the numbers go up and down on the go4 app but nothing changes if I switch to manual mode it works fine, can anyone help please and tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

Many thanks

Hello everyone
I purchased a mavic 2 Pro 2nd hand only been flown 4 times, if I'm in manual mode I can see the aperture shield opening and closing, I I'm in any other mode auto A S it doesn't seem to move, the numbers go up and down on the go4 app but nothing changes if I switch to manual mode it works fine, can anyone help please and tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

Many thanks
Set it to S (Shutter priority) and take a few pix in different lighting conditions.
No need to fly, you can do it in the house and outside handheld.
Post the full size jpg files and I'll see what I can find in the metadata to confirm if it is/isn't working.

Reactions: britdub
Set it to S (Shutter priority) and take a few pix in different lighting conditions.
No need to fly, you can do it in the house and outside handheld.
Post the full size jpg files and I'll see what I can find in the metadata to confirm if it is/isn't working.
Thank you as do this as soon as I get home, jpg or raw ?

hope I've uploaded them correctly

Attachments

• DJI_0287.JPG
    DJI_0287.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 13
  • DJI_0288.JPG
    DJI_0288.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 12
  • DJI_0289.JPG
    DJI_0289.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 11
  • DJI_0290.JPG
    DJI_0290.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 11
  • DJI_0291.JPG
    DJI_0291.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 13
Thank you for your help, I can't work this out if I'm in manual mode and look into the camera and adjust the aperture I can see the iris open and close, if I change to aperture priority and change from min to max the iris does not move the picture also doesn't change, I must be missing something, but thank you for your help

Thank you for your help, I can't work this out if I'm in manual mode and look into the camera and adjust the aperture I can see the iris open and close, if I change to aperture priority and change from min to max the iris does not move the picture also doesn't change, I must be missing something, but thank you for your help
When you are set to Aperture priority try activating the shutter while looking at the iris and see if it changes as you change the the aperture setting.

Reactions: britdub
When you are set to Aperture priority try activating the shutter while looking at the iris and see if it changes as you change the the aperture
I never thought of that, I've just tried it at both ends of the scale and I can now see the iris move when taking the photo, it's beyond me why dji didn't move the iris while setting up for a shot like in manual mode, but anyway a big thank you 😊

Since the iris appeared to be working when you took the photos in shutter priority mode it only made sense that it should also work in aperture priority. Since the camera is mirrorless and uses the sensor for viewing the scene it has to use a combination of aperture and shutter speed to allow proper viewing. When the shot is taken it will go to the aperture that was set for the shot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair