DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

App shuts down

Sheppie

Reactions
I'm screwed. DJI fly app shuts down every time I try to connect. I'm using a LG G7. DJI says my phone is not compatible. Back to Best Buy.

I'm screwed. DJI fly app shuts down every time I try to connect. I'm using a LG G7. DJI says my phone is not compatible. Back to Best Buy.
For a new Phone correct? ;)
I saw the Note 10+ for $1100...ya right!
Good Luck!

Take what DJI support says about compatibility with a grain of salt unless they give you a specific reason why. They did the same thing in the Phantom 3 days. There's no way they tested all phones and they only went by their limited list.

DJI Fly App keeps shutting down on my phone too when I try to connect to Mavic Mini. I have a Moto 7 Power, however interesting enough the DJI Go 4 works fine on that same phone.

I really don't know what to do. Is there a inexpensive tab out there that will work.

I actually called tech support. They basically said that I'm fuc$#÷. Told me to go buy another device. I'm using a LG G7. I do know that the LG G6 works. Doesn't make much since.
I just email DJI Support about the issue, see what they say.

Buy a cheap, used iPad (cellular, but doesn't need to be activated).

Tell me more.

Troubleshooting DJI GO Apps Connection Problems - DJI Guides

I know it says go but I followed it and it worked for me. So I searched my model of cell phone and how to get to usb debugging mode. it was easy. go to settings- then software - then had to click the screen 7 times, developer mode unlocked -then go back and a new option appears , developer mode, then look for usb debugging mode. bingo now it connects to the controller and the mavic mini . your cell might vary good luck in getting it to work i have a zen phone 5q the app installed but never connected to the controller or drone. now all is fine if the snow storm would go away.

Last edited:
Yes, found all if that and enabled USB debugging but no luck.
Troubleshooting DJI GO Apps Connection Problems - DJI Guides

I know it says go but I followed it and it worked for me. So I searched my model of cell phone and how to get to usb debugging mode. it was easy. go to settings- then software - then had to click the screen 7 times, developer mode unlocked -then go back and a new option appears , developer mode, then look for usb debugging mode. bingo now it connects to the controller and the mavic mini . your cell might vary good luck in getting it to work i have a zen phone 5q the app installed but never connected to the controller or drone. now all is fine if the snow storm would go away.

I tried using my Asus 7 tablet with the DJI Fly App and it worked, now just need to get a longer cable.

The GPS that the drone uses for normal flight is in the aircraft Integrated with the other flight systems. The GPS in the tablet or phone is used only for map downloading and the “follow me” function when available.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov