DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

App shuts down

I'm screwed. DJI fly app shuts down every time I try to connect. I'm using a LG G7. DJI says my phone is not compatible. Back to Best Buy.

Oh no! That's bad news! I've got an LG G7 too. I should receive my mini this Thursday, so I haven't been able to connect the mini to dji fly. The app seems to work well otherwise. Did you update your G7 to Android 9? The G7's came with 8. Just wondering if the Android version is the problem, or the G7 itself? Doesn't make sense if the G6 is compatible. Hopefully dji fixes the app soon.

I'm screwed. DJI fly app shuts down every time I try to connect. I'm using a LG G7. DJI says my phone is not compatible. Back to Best Buy.

The app worked fine before I tried to connect to the aircraft. As soon as it tried to connect it would just shut down. My LG G7 is running the latest update.
Oh no! That's bad news! I've got an LG G7 too. I should receive my mini this Thursday, so I haven't been able to connect the mini to dji fly. The app seems to work well otherwise. Did you update your G7 to Android 9? The G7's came with 8. Just wondering if the Android version is the problem, or the G7 itself? Doesn't make sense if the G6 is compatible. Hopefully dji fixes the app soon.

The app worked fine before I tried to connect to the aircraft. As soon as it tried to connect it would just shut down. My LG G7 is running the latest update.

Thanks for the reply Sheppie Good Luck! I'll let you know if I have the same problem when I connect to my mini. Are there any LG G7 owners that have gotten dji fly to work on their phones?

Just downloaded the DJI Fly update on the google store. It is dated today. Fingers crossed.

I replied to the other thread.

I have a V35 ThinQ, which is basically a G7 in a different chassis. I was able to connect with the app and the MM long enough to update the firmware. After that the app opens, then crashes every time the drone connects. I tried changing the USB connection options, restarting the phone, airplane mode, and reinstalling the app, all with the same result.

I did get the app to work with the MM on my old S7 active. So far it works great with my old phone, but It's not ideal to lug around a 2nd phone for a device that is suppose to be light and portable.

Hopefully we get an update that fixes this.

Sorry, no such luck.

****! I was rooting for you. I did some research and I think the LG software that runs on top of the Android 9.0 is the problem? I assume you have a G7 thinq? That's what I've got. LG came out with the LG G7 One, that doesn't have the LG software running on top of the Android 9.0. If dji fly works with the G7 One? That would prove my theory. Maybe there's a way to disable the LG software? I'm not that much of a Techy so I don't know. I like my G7 and don't want to get another phone right now. Hopefully dji will fix the compatibility of the fly app soon. I'm thinking of letting my Wife wrap up my mini for Christmas. Maybe everything will be worked out by then, or I'll get a new phone. Keep fighting the good fight Sheppie!

Thanks, my LG is only around 3 weeks old so a new phone is not a option. MM is going back tomorrow. Will repurchase later if they get it fixed.
****! I was rooting for you. I did some research and I think the LG software that runs on top of the Android 9.0 is the problem? I assume you have a G7 thinq? That's what I've got. LG came out with the LG G7 One, that doesn't have the LG software running on top of the Android 9.0. If dji fly works with the G7 One? That would prove my theory. Maybe there's a way to disable the LG software? I'm not that much of a Techy so I don't know. I like my G7 and don't want to get another phone right now. Hopefully dji will fix the compatibility of the fly app soon. I'm thinking of letting my Wife wrap up my mini for Christmas. Maybe everything will be worked out by then, or I'll get a new phone. Keep fighting the good fight Sheppie!

If my S7 didn't work my MM would be going back as well. I still have a year left on my payment plan for my V35, and no plans to upgrade anytime soon.

I did see a bunch of S7s listed on ebay for around $100. That could be an option for you, or any of the older phones/tablets known to work.

If my S7 didn't work my MM would be going back as well. I still have a year left on my payment plan for my V35, and no plans to upgrade anytime soon.

I did see a bunch of S7s listed on ebay for around $100. That could be an option for you, or any of the older phones/tablets known to work.

Thanks BlueGhost. I've got an old HTC One M8, I wonder if that'll work?

I was told (on this forum) that an iPad with the cellular is able to connect to more satellites. Hopefully someone will make the reasoning more clear and informative.
As stated by others above, the aircraft itself already has GPS, and it is those detected satellites that are needed to fly, not any satellites detected by GPS in a cellular iPad. A wifi only iPad can easily be hotspotted to a phone for maps in the field. The only benefit of a cellular iPad is internal GPS which is supposed to allow resetting the Home Point to the iPad location, but this feature no longer works reliably with GO 4, and even less likely so with the new Mini app. Any wifi only iPad should be fine! If you truly need to reset the Home Point, you can easily reset it to the current location of the aircraft at any time, which is far more useful.

OK, so I get the DJI Fly App working on my Asus 7 tablet and talking to the mini (since it won't work on my Moto g7), but now I can't get the darn app to flip or auto rotate the screen so I can attach the tablet to the controller via cable with shortest distance (otherwise I'm looking at the app upside down!). It won't even rotate to a vertical view. All other apps including DJI Go 4 will screen rotate how I want. Looking for longer cable now.

OK, so I get the DJI Fly App working on my Asus 7 tablet and talking to the mini (since it won't work on my Moto g7), but now I can't get the darn app to flip or auto rotate the screen so I can attach the tablet to the controller via cable with shortest distance (otherwise I'm looking at the app upside down!). It won't even rotate to a vertical view. All other apps including DJI Go 4 will screen rotate how I want. Looking for longer cable now.
OK, after doing a little research on another forum I found a solution. Downloading a screen rotation controller app from Goggle Play store worked for me. Now I can go fly!

Here is reply from DJI Support.
"Regarding your concern, please know that as of the moment, DJI FLY app does not support any iPads or Tablets and regretfully, there is no option to change or rotate the app if it works with your tablet. It is suggested that you use a device listed below as they were tested for compatibility." Then shows image of list of equipment tested and works with both iOS and Android products.

thumbnail

That's a bunch of bunk. Although I don't have a mini, I was able to launch Fly on Samsung Tab A and iPad with correct orientation, even in Camera View. For the iPad, near the lower right section of the screen is a slanted double arrow. If you click on that, it will fill the screen. It won't be true Screen resolution though.

You probably have auto-rotate disabled on the device.
It's the app, it does the same thing on my phone. The app forces the phone screen to rotate, but only in one direction. Sounds like the 3rd party app will rotate it the other way, because it would be way to hard for DJI to add a rotate direction in settings on the app somewhere.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife