DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

App shuts down

Apps are supposed to work with the OS to determine bottom.

But you're right. Go rotates 180 degrees but of course won't go portrait, Fly doesn't get orientation from the OS.
But I found a possible workaround on my Tab A.
It turns out I have the tablet screen orientation locked, so even tablet home screen would not rotate. I unlocked rotation, then started Fly, now it's upside down when buttons are on top, which is the tablet's natural orientation.
But if outside Fly I rotate the tablet the way I want, then lock it, Fly will display in that orientation.
IOW if I lock buttons down and home button on left (very unnatural), Fly shows right side up. If I lock with buttons on top and home on right, then Fly is still right side up.

Last edited:
The app works just fine on my Ipad Pro 11" running IOS 13.2.2
But it does not fill the entire screen just a scaled up version of the phone screen that can be made bigger with the 2 X button in the right lower corner of the Ipad display

You probably have auto-rotate disabled on the device.
No I have auto rotate on, all other apps work in auto rotate except for Fly. I did find a fix, I downloaded a Screen Rotation Controller app from Goggle play store as suggested on another forum and it worked for me.

New DJI Fly update dated today. What's new says LG. Will check out tonight.

No I have auto rotate on, all other apps work in auto rotate except for Fly. I did find a fix, I downloaded a Screen Rotation Controller app from Goggle play store as suggested on another forum and it worked for me.
Did you look at my post #42? I found a workaround without having to resort to an app.
Unlock rotation.
While Fly app not running, orient the tablet the way you want.
Lock the rotation.
Run Fly.

Did you look at my post #42? I found a workaround without having to resort to an app.
Unlock rotation.
While Fly app not running, orient the tablet the way you want.
Lock the rotation.
Run Fly.
Thanks but still doesn't want to work, no matter what Fly always locks in only one position.

I'm proud to announce that with the latest Fly app update on 11/12 my Motorols Moto g7 now connects to my MM without the app closing like before. Now to take flight this week to make sure all is well.

Reactions: WooZie

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife