DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

App wont connect please help!

Must be the port to the RC, no clue how it broke, but 300 for a new RC :mad: tried 5 cords, 3 phones, nothing connects. Should have just bought 2 drones at this rate as I had to replace the camera for 400 last month.

The system app error suggest a firmware problem with RC, did you refresh the RC firmware via DJI Assistant 2

The system app error suggest a firmware problem with RC, did you refresh the RC firmware via DJI Assistant 2

no i will have to give that a try, i have never used the dji assistant because i usually just did it from the app... last night i downloaded the assistant 2 but somehow it seemed to think I flew an Inspire and not a mavic pro. i will try to figure that out and give that a shot. thanks for the reply!

My thought was since it flew fine a day earlier that firmware updates were most likely not the culprits but its worth a shot!

no i will have to give that a try, i have never used the dji assistant because i usually just did it from the app... last night i downloaded the assistant 2 but somehow it seemed to think I flew an Inspire and not a mavic pro. i will try to figure that out and give that a shot. thanks for the reply!

You need to turn the Mavic on for it to be recognised by DJI Assistant 2, then you will see the usb icon on the screen move to connect and then you will see a Mavic Pro icon come up, click on this to get to the firmware update screen

Make sure you have a full battery on the Mavic before trying to upgrade

did you ever resolve this issue?
I have the exact same problem at the moment with my mavic air.

did you ever resolve this issue?
I have the exact same problem at the moment with my mavic air.

Me too. Everything was fine last week and yesterday mine wouldn't fly. At first it told me the aircraft is locked. I updated everything, including the app. Now the app won't connect. The RC is connected, because I can control the camera. I did get the app to connect once today after reinstalling the app and got the locked msg again, but now no app connection.

Did you fix the problem???? I tried everything!! I did a factory reset of my phone twice I deleted the app 8 times and nothing... is this a problem with the note 8?

This is all with an LG G5 phone. I deleted the app and reloaded it, switched back to previous firmware, rebooted, etc... The only time it would work would be the initial run after loading the app.

I fixed the problem by buying a new Ipad. This is a work tool, so that was an option. I first tried an older Ipad 6 (or 5) and that IOS wouldn't load the app. That left me with the option of buying a new Ipad or putting the brick back in the box. Pretty crappy. DJI should provide actual support for Android or drop it altogether and advertise that they only support Apple. I don't like Apple.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980