DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apple iPad Air 2 128GB Wi-Fi Cellular

Wizard1

Reactions
I'm looking at an Apple iPad Air 2 128GB Wi-Fi Cellular (UNLOCKED) on a MavMount. I like the CrystalSky, but it’s sooo expensive. Also modifying my antenna to a Titan Switch (Mavic 2) 2.4Ghz. What are your thoughts?

Reactions: Inspirephil
I used an iPad Air 2 on a Phantom...totally sucked. Would overheat processor after about 5 minutes, then would get dropped video and green lines. Now ysi g a Samsung Galaxt Tab S3 for Phantom and Mavic Pro...excellent.
Makes no sense.

I'm looking at an Apple iPad Air 2 128GB Wi-Fi Cellular (UNLOCKED) on a MavMount. I like the CrystalSky, but it’s sooo expensive. Also modifying my antenna to a Titan Switch (Mavic 2) 2.4Ghz. What are your thoughts?
I use a 5th generation 32gb 9.7” iPad for flying and absolutely love it. Although I only use it to fly my Inspire 2 as I find the 9.7” is a bit too large for my M2. I wish I had gotten a 128gb for it but it does the job as long as I clear the memory after a few flights.
For the Mavic I use a 128gb iPad mini 4 and it fits the smaller remote better. The balance is much better.
And I have the Titan Switch antenna system on all my remotes and love the added range and video feed it gives me.
I bought a 7.85” UB crystal sky monitor and very rarely use it and it just sits in my case unless it’s an extremely sunny day. I absolutely don’t like the Android based system it uses. And yes it was expensive!! :( but it is a lifesaver in certain situations.

Reactions: Wizard1
I just picked up a new factory sealed ipad mini 4 yesterday on ebay, 319.99 and used the 15% of code.. came to $288!!
EXCELLENT CHOICE!!
I got my factory sealed 128gb iPad mini 4 from Best Buy for $249 including the first year of Apple Care. Was a sweet deal.
Now I am curious about what Apple is going to introduce to replace the iPad mini because the 4 version is the last one of the line. But it’ll be just fine for quite awhile before I will need to replace it.

i use a ipad air 2 and a ipad mini 4 for the Mavic 2's and for the mavic 1 series, we use android because they are both modded out to the max. Titan Cyclone plus we are able to change all the parameters. I mainly use the mavic 1 to get to the top of moutains. I chatted with DJI because my job requires me to inspect things that are higher than 500 meters but they are on top of a mountian so I have to do a bunch of climbing before I can launch the mavic 2's... I am going to try to get an enterprise drone and see if we can get an exemption for the height limit for these types of things. We will see...

Reactions: Wizard1
EXCELLENT CHOICE!!
I got my factory sealed 128gb iPad mini 4 from Best Buy for $249 including the first year of Apple Care. Was a sweet deal.
Now I am curious about what Apple is going to introduce to replace the iPad mini because the 4 version is the last one of the line. But it’ll be just fine for quite awhile before I will need to replace it.

Ya I saw that best buy deal, unfortunately when I saw the sale they were sold out of them..

OK, so the ipad is a good deal then. I also have the racing edition goggles but I haven't used them yet, I have tried them on but I don't like the idea of not being able to see what is around me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78