DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apple iPad Pro & Mavic Air?

Ray&Paula

Reactions
Hi, I plan on purchasing a Mavic Air and would like to know if anyone is using the latest iPad Pro 10.5? If so, is an iPad Pro with just WiFi good enough or is the iPad Pro with Cellular a better choice? I'm leaning towards the iPad Pro due to wanting to upgrade from an 9.7 iPad Air. If you have any other iPad suggestions, please let me know. Thanks, Ray

is an iPad Pro with just WiFi good enough or is the iPad Pro with Cellular a better choice?
With a cellular iPad, you'll also be able to do the following:
  • Reset the home point to your current location after taking off (this will work even if the cellular service has not been activated)
  • Use features that require an Internet connection (like downloading the maps in real-time as you fly)

I've used my Ipad Pro 12.7 with all my DJI drones. While I prefer to use my Ipad Mini 4 or Ipad Air 2 due to their smaller size, I've used my larger Ipad Pro with Wifi. No issues what so ever. As msinger states, are the only differences. With the bigger Ipads, I use a Mavmount as its the most well-balanced tablet holder available IMO...

I can't speak for the air, the Mavic and ipad pro 10,5 go well together with the Mavmount. No wobble , can be put in two main positions , locked in position firmly with the well designed thumbscrew, no tools, and as has been written above, it balances well. The latest new ones fit Mavic, and Air

I've used my Ipad Pro 12.7 with all my DJI drones. While I prefer to use my Ipad Mini 4 or Ipad Air 2 due to their smaller size, I've used my larger Ipad Pro with Wifi. No issues what so ever. As msinger states, are the only differences. With the bigger Ipads, I use a Mavmount as its the most well-balanced tablet holder available IMO...

Thanks for the info...... I don't have the Mavic Air yet but, as I mentioned I do have the iPad Air 2 Wifi. It doesn't have cellular therefore, will this still work until I go to the iPad pro? The Mavmount looks like it's very well made and the one to go for. Thanks again, Ray

With a cellular iPad, you'll also be able to do the following:
  • Reset the home point to your current location after taking off (this will work even if the cellular service has not been activated)
  • Use features that require an Internet connection (like downloading the maps in real-time as you fly)

Thanks for pointing out the differences ......... Cellular sounds to be the better choice. Thanks again, Ray

I can't speak for the air, the Mavic and ipad pro 10,5 go well together with the Mavmount. No wobble , can be put in two main positions , locked in position firmly with the well designed thumbscrew, no tools, and as has been written above, it balances well. The latest new ones fit Mavic, and Air

Thanks for the info. The Mavmount looks like it's very well made and the one to go for. Thanks again, Ray