DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apple Mini 4 or DJI Smart controller

I just got the mini 5,must say Im loving it.It seems to be a much better screen & processor.

As compared to what? A mini 4?

I have a mini 4 and I’m wondering if I should move up to the 5.

Even though I have an ipad pro 10.5" that I fly with on my Mavic Pro I find it cumbersome using the mount & bracket that puts it above the SC display screen. I just ordered an ipad mini 4 to dedicate full time and slide right into the arms of the SC. I like this idea better than the bigger 10.5" mount and any smaller iphone that's harder to see and could interrupt my flight if I forget to put it in airplane mode when I fly. I also bought a unique 180 degree lightning to usb cable that doesn't stick out on the side to connect to the SC.
View attachment 70102

Where did you find that cable?

I’d go mini 4 or 5. I tried out my uncles sc It can be glitchy and is very androidy. Screens smaller. It’s all personal preference though?. #[emoji173]️ [emoji519]

I don't want to derail the thread but if you did go with and Ipad (A10), Lumafusion is a pretty dam powerful, quick and easy video editor for a $20 app. Thank you Mike4884 for mentioning it, I had never heard of it before.
Yes its awesome! And np

I used my iPad mini 5 today and its a joy to use, plenty bright for flying ar the beach, and vs my iPhone XR screen a very nice upgrade, I’m really happy with it

8aa23d2bf81007c6681c63dc744e2634.jpg

Reactions: MavicMikeK
I just switched to the ipad mini 4 and it is also very nice. I had some issues with it at first, the DJI Go 4 app kept crashing. I did some research and found out that enabling the video cache causes it. I disabled it and now it works fine. Has anyone else confirmed this issue? My IOS is 12.2.

I used the flat 180 degree cable to connect to the USB port, doesn't stick out and feels great. Here is a pic of it...

Attachments

• 7B718D32-5855-407E-97D4-B0C466C5466E.jpeg
    7B718D32-5855-407E-97D4-B0C466C5466E.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: jvloyola
I just switched to the ipad mini 4 and it is also very nice. I had some issues with it at first, the DJI Go 4 app kept crashing. I did some research and found out that enabling the video cache causes it. I disabled it and now it works fine. Has anyone else confirmed this issue? My IOS is 12.2.

I used the flat 180 degree cable to connect to the USB port, doesn't stick out and feels great. Here is a pic of it...

Great find thanks

Reactions: MavicMikeK
I come from flying with the mini 4 and then purchased the M2p with the SC. Doubted for a long time since I disn’t really want to go back to the smaller screen, but boy have I been wrong! The SC changed my complete flying experience:
1. The connection between bird and controller is hassle-free: switch both on, wait a bit and press “go fly”... it is thát easy
2. The display is so crisp (both brightness and detail), that it gives you much more information to frame you shots with than the ipad. Don’t know whether the ipad just has a lower image quality coming in from the controller or so, but it seems like I am seeing many more details on the sc than with the ipad.

The two above have made it a complete joy to fly with the M2p for me, the aame joy I had when I first flew the Spark after the Mavic Pro: it is so trouble-free, that you can focus completely on the flying. With my MP, i had to get the ipad out of its case, connect the wire, hope that it would connect right away and hope that the app wouldn’t crash... all those worries are out the window now for me!

Reactions: MichiganMavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2