DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apple Mini 4 or DJI Smart controller

[QUOTE = "tca, post: 722362, member: 78868"]
J'ai un Mavic Air et j'utilise mon Apple i Pad Mini 4 avec celui-ci et il fonctionne très bien ......... je vais acheter un Mavic Pro 2 .....
dois-je me procurer le contrôleur DJI Smart ou utiliser le Mini 4 avec ce dernier?
[/ CBonsoir
Je fonctionne avec un Ipad 2 cellulaire et je n'ai pas de problèmes avec mon M2P donc le 4 certainement valable
A+patc45 bonne soirée.

I have the M2P and am currently flying with an iPhone. I am thinking about upgrading to a iPad mini (or bigger). My concerns with the smart controller are the small screen size (although brighter) and the Android OS which in my experience has more software issues. I am leaning toward the iPad with a sun hood.

I ran an iPad 9.7 and was pondering for weeks to get the SC because of the screen size, but was getting fed up with not being able to see the screen properly in bright sun even with a hood, gave in in the end and the SC arrived yesterday, and im so glad I did, world of difference not having to **** around with mounts, hood, and cable, plus I can see the screen now

I have the M2P and am currently flying with an iPhone. I am thinking about upgrading to a iPad mini (or bigger). My concerns with the smart controller are the small screen size (although brighter) and the Android OS which in my experience has more software issues. I am leaning toward the iPad with a sun hood.

iPad mini 4, 128 gig, WiFi only. Works for me.

785a6749654ddf66a63ec9a082f10484.jpg

66c4abf458972cc7bdfc059471cdd6cb.jpg

I ran an iPad 9.7 and was pondering for weeks to get the SC because of the screen size, but was getting fed up with not being able to see the screen properly in bright sun even with a hood, gave in in the end and the SC arrived yesterday, and im so glad I did, world of difference not having to **** around with mounts, hood, and cable, plus I can see the screen now

There ya go !! Way better !!

another thing that bugged me with the iPad and hood setup was that no matter how I positioned myself relative to the sun I always had reflections on the iPad screen, got fed up looking at myself, and adding a non reflective screen protector just made It dimmer still

Reactions: Captain Lou
Thanks for the pics. How is it in bright sun? I assume if the sun is behind you your body blocks it fairly well otherwise the hood does it’s job. Is that your experience?

It’s definitely not the best. I run to the nearest shade tree most of the time.

I used to have an anti glare film on the iPad, but it attenuated the details. It’s better without it.

I got the Smart Controller and love it for the convenience and allowing u to work quickly. However as a big fan of Autoflight Autopilot, third party Apps are a problem or not available with the Smart Controller so in many cases, this forces me to relegate the M2P with smart controller to a backup system only. Autopilot raises your drone to a whole new level and WAYPOINT 2.0 is quite inferior.

Reactions: Dropyn
How much you asking for iPad mini 4?

I got the Smart Controller and love it for the convenience and allowing u to work quickly. However as a big fan of Autoflight Autopilot, third party Apps are a problem or not available with the Smart Controller so in many cases, this forces me to relegate the M2P with smart controller to a backup system only. Autopilot raises your drone to a whole new level and WAYPOINT 2.0 is quite inferior.
Does Autopilot support the M2P? I don't see it listed on their website.

I have a Mavic Air and I have been using my Apple i Pad Mini 4 with it and it works GREAT.........I am going to purchase a Mavic Pro 2.....
should I get the DJI Smart controller or use the Mini 4 with it?
You may not have choice over the smart controller with a new purchase of the Mavic 2 Pro. I recently purchased the smart controller separately and I’m very dissatisfied with this product. The modified android operating system will not allow third party applications such as google play services which is imperative if you plan to do any mapping.

DJI has admitted that even their new mapping software “Terra” is not supportable on their new “smart controller”. Typical DJI introducing a product not ready for prime time. This has plagued the mavic 2 series drones which is sad because the drone itself is fantastic.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H89SA