DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apple

Ok. I was given the go ahead from my wife to order!! Since the nearest Apple store is 50 miles away I chose to have Apple ship it to my house. Was shipping it to my house a mistake?

Thanks in advance.

Weird. Wonder if an apple store employee snagged it without logging it in.

Doubt it. The boxes are marked to a person before they arrive (that's my understanding) so if it disappeared, there'd be a record of a specific package (mine) disappearing, not a general stock item that could have been redirected to a friend of an employee, etc.

Call Apple or do an online chat. They can track the shipment and see if it was delivered at the store. If it was, call the store and ask to talk to a manager.

I called them and they said it was set up for shipment to the store but no tracking applied yet. I'll try again later.

Chat session with Apple was more helpful than my call made from my car today.

The unit hasn't shipped to store yet (mistake on their end and screw up in the internal systems). They are going to rush one. The local store is supposed to call me. The support rep said that if I ask for ship-to-home at this point (since they are rushing it) it may be quicker, they could overnight it.

Not done yet, but closer.

Ok. I was given the go ahead from my wife to order!! Since the nearest Apple store is 50 miles away I chose to have Apple ship it to my house. Was shipping it to my house a mistake?

Thanks in advance.
Most likely yes. You may get one but it's going to take a long time. I think the ship to store option is much quicker

Reactions: Pete
I'd say that newegg is still the faster shipper.
I have an order with new egg for the fly more on 12/1 and it still hasn't moved and I've recieved a message today that it won't move till Jan 1. I think it's all just a guessing game and based purely on luck.

I have an order with new egg for the fly more on 12/1 and it still hasn't moved and I've recieved a message today that it won't move till Jan 1. I think it's all just a guessing game and based purely on luck.

NewEgg has held true to ship dates and so far has shipped all ahead of schedule. Big thumbs up to them.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

NewEgg has held true to ship dates and so far has shipped all ahead of schedule. Big thumbs up to them.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
I agree that Newegg is doing it right but when I was going to Apple stores everyday I spoke with a few of the reps there. I went to 6 different Apple stores every other day or so. They all told me that they receive a few each week and they sell fast. They also told me that if I ordered online and picked ship to store I would be essentially reserving one of those few that they get each week. Most of the stores said there were only 1 or 2 or 0 reservation for in store pick up and I wouldnt have to wait too long. I picked the store closest to me. I got mine in 10 days.

i ordered from apple yesterday and saw a charge on my credit card today so i called them and they told me they were processing my order because its ready to be shipped. to me it dosent sound right but i guess we will see if i get a tracking number in the next couple of days

For me it was the opposite. Via the AppleStore App where I track my order it told me order was shipped before I was charged.. note, The FedEx number provided when I got original notice of shipment said gave a status of "Label was created" but hadn't actually shipped yet... Next day it was actually shipped.. day after that funds were removed from account... following day (today) Mavic was on doorstep... 4 actual days from day of notice that I received my Mavic. I purchased two-day express delivery, which actually happened, if you count the days the FedEx status actually said it was 'on the truck'... from Kentucky to California

For me it was the opposite. Via the AppleStore App where I track my order it told me order was shipped before I was charged.. note, The FedEx number provided when I got original notice of shipment said gave a status of "Label was created" but hadn't actually shipped yet... Next day it was actually shipped.. day after that funds were removed from account... following day (today) Mavic was on doorstep... 4 actual days from day of notice that I received my Mavic. I purchased two-day express delivery, which actually happened, if you count the days the FedEx status actually said it was 'on the truck'... from Kentucky to California
Did you have the drone shipped to the store?

i ordered from apple yesterday and saw a charge on my credit card today so i called them and they told me they were processing my order because its ready to be shipped. to me it dosent sound right but i guess we will see if i get a tracking number in the next couple of days
Same here, ordered Wednesday night and the card was charged Thursday morning. Hoping to get an update email from them soon. The chat with Apple and the stores have no idea when these are going to ship and just keep telling me Feb 3rd or Feb 21st (latest chat)...

When you first placed the order did it have a February estimated date of delivery?

I ordered the same on the same date. Mine is enroute and scheduled delivery is 12/14.

7bfc68493603d5ae0ad214d14b5046af.jpg

I ordered from Apple on 11/15 with a scheduled delivery of 12/30; it was delivered 12/7.

I ordered a flyless from DJI on 10.8 and same from Apple (ship to your store for pickup) on 11.24 and both will arrive on 12.12

My recommendation would be Apple to your local store. The dates they are quoting (unless DJI goes into a deep freeze again) will pull in very quickly from Apple (mine pulled in 6 weeks !) and you will be playing with your new toy.

I ordered two batteries and two props from DJI.com on 12.7 and they show shipped on 12.10. The pipeline is definitely moving.

If you order from DJI, hope that they ship FedEX as DHL sucks water. Terrible tracking (mine flips from Cincinnati to Ontario back and forth and the estimated date disappeared. I thought they went out of business years ago ?? Terrible.

Reactions: bootleg.gucci
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada