DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apps for finding no fly zones

Roab

Reactions
Anyone have any suggestions on which app to get that’ll tell you where you can fly your drone?

AirMap and Hover are both apps we highly recommend and use all the time for viewing airspace on mobile and very intuitive for all levels. On desktop we recommend SkyVector which helps to understand airspace classifications with sectional maps. However SkyVector requires aviation knowledge for reading sectional maps (which all Part 107 certificate holders should have) and is not exactly catered to average drone users in the sense that AirMap and Hover are. Safe flying!

Reactions: Ripper7620
AirMap and Hover are both apps we highly recommend and use all the time for viewing airspace on mobile and very intuitive for all levels. On desktop we recommend SkyVector which helps to understand airspace classifications with sectional maps. However SkyVector requires aviation knowledge for reading sectional maps (which all Part 107 certificate holders should have) and is not exactly catered to average drone users in the sense that AirMap and Hover are. Safe flying!

AirMap is great. I use this app only and I’m in Canada. Not sure if this app is any good where you are. But worth a try if it’s available in your country.

UAVForecast is notably used by many on the forum. You can access it from thier website on the PC or download thier app for Android or IOs.

Its great for determining NFZ's and lots of other conditions.

UAV Forecast
Thanks, that looks useful, I've just downloaded it. In Australia, the FAA provide a free app for IOS and Android called, "Can I Fly There" which is good for this part of the world.

Reactions: BD0G
Is this app sufficient for recreational users? How about aircraft towers? Do these get informed using B4U app?
Sorry, I've been really busy with my new house. It may have all those features, but I just mainly use it for the map restrictions and TFRs. I hope to have a little time to look into all that it has to offer.

I downloaded AirMap, which has a 4.2 star review and UAV Forecast which has a 4.3 star review, both on the Google Play Store. But Hover has a 2.9 star review on the Play Store. I counted seventy(70), one star reviews under 'Newest first' since January 2018!!! That's too low for me. Yes there's lot's of two and three star reviews in there too. And only 4, yes four, five star reviews since 1/1/18. Three of them were from "A Google User"...Hello, can you say 'Fake Reviews'?

Attachments

• Sucks.JPG
    Sucks.JPG
    169.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member