DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are aftermarket propellers ok to use?

AirForceJuan

Reactions
I recently broke two propellers and ordered new ones off amazon. Are these ones ok? They look different but feel the same.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I bought some to check them out, but haven't used them. The biggest difference I noticed is they are not as stiff as the OEM props (they are easier to bend). While they might technically work, you could void your warranty if you crash while using them.

Ok thanks I've noticed they are more bendy as well. I have two original props I can throw back on if I send it back to them [emoji6]

The cost of the OEM ones is so low why would you use another brand unless they have supposed performance gains? I had carbon props for my P3P, they looked cool but made zero difference to performance (and would likely have exploded if they ever ran into anything).

Any pictures?

Are they OEM DJI? Not worth saving a few dollars and having your bird cash. I buy OEM DJI props. $9.00 for 2

I also live in Canada so I'd have to pay duty at the border, therefore if I bought 2 sets, it would be close to $50. They are OEM but just a little more bendy then the DJi OEM

I have two original props I can throw back on if I send it back to them [emoji6]
DJI is pretty smart. They could probably tell you're not using OEM props if they view the internal flight log.

I don't know if they'll be able to tell or not. The flight data will probably look different though. My point is that you should just be ready to own up to any damage you cause if you choose to fly with 3rd party props.

I don't know if they'll be able to tell or not. The flight data will probably look different though. My point is that you should just be ready to own up to any damage you cause if you choose to fly with 3rd party props.

Yeah I'm gonna send them back and get the proper OEM's. Thanks for the help everyone!

Doing a quick calculation with an estimated propeller radius of about 2 inches and a typical rotation speed of 6000 rpm, I'm getting that the radial acceleration of the tips of the propellers is about 2000 G's. Associated with those large accelerations are large stresses on the propellers including large stresses on those hinged rotating joints of the Mavic's propellers. So, no, I wouldn't take a chance on using some unknown, 3rd party vendor or seeing if you can use propellers that you made yourself with a 3D printer. Best to use proper OEM propellers for this critical part of the Mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS