DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are DJI goggles still best option?

Goggles are great, you will fly out further as you are with the mavic all the time. You may need focus correction depending on your eyes, but there are plenty of 3d printed options, or just drop me a PM.
Lol yes I just got the goggles today, indent wear glasses but I must be blind because in was completely blurry, I'm going to try readers tomorrow it got dark outside before I could try them.

I have astigmatism but I can generally see very close objects. I find that if I keep my eyes looking through the lower part of the lens it is much clearer. Also I'm finding that my eyes are starting to focus better each time I use them. Also the adjustment to space the lens out is a strange one.

Try this:

Look at something 10 feet away without the goggles. Close one eye for a few moments, keeping the open eye focused sharply on something, then open the other eye and notice what happens (the correcting your newly opened eye makes).
Now try doing that with the goggles with the lens spacer in various positions. You will note how your eye has to make more/less correction when you open it. Try to set the lens spacer so that the correction your eye makes is comparable to how it was without the goggles on. Try to find the right lens spacing that doesn't give you googly eyes while not also giving you cross eyes.
Once you have it in a comfortable spacing, try letting your eyes get used to that for a while. For me this has helped a great deal and already my eye muscles are getting stronger, in a healthy way. We don't need to be able to have our eyes pointing at beyond infinity.

Hey guys, I just ordered a crystalsky monitor, now I'm thinking about some goggles what are the best options the crystalsky had HDMI... Or are the DJI goggles still the best?
I had them and returned them. I have some advice for you. Buy them from someone you have the option to return for a full refund. I have less than perfect vision and DJIs "one size fits all" approach to focus was impossible for me to adapt to. I only need reading glasses, but even with them I was unable to get a sharp usable image. On the other hand if you have perfect vision the DJI may work for you. On another note I felt they were overly clumsy, heavy, poor weight distribution and improper fit. This may not be the case for you so just buy from a place you can return them if you have issues. $500 is a lot of cash if it doesn't work perfectly. Good luck

Lol yes I just got the goggles today, indent wear glasses but I must be blind because in was completely blurry, I'm going to try readers tomorrow it got dark outside before I could try them.
I have the same issue. I wear 2.0 readers and it was suggested I but stronger ones (double - 4.0) for use with the goggles. The strain was incredible and I couldn't deal with it. Maybe you'll fare better. I returned mine.

I returned mine , just tried watching movies only , great at first 5 minutes, but coukd not bear the weight after that. It's like having a 1 liter bottle on your head with poor weight distribution.
Would have kept it if it werent for the weight issue. Otherwise everything else is great: interface , touch pad, high def screen...

I had them and returned them. I have some advice for you. Buy them from someone you have the option to return for a full refund. I have less than perfect vision and DJIs "one size fits all" approach to focus was impossible for me to adapt to. I only need reading glasses, but even with them I was unable to get a sharp usable image. On the other hand if you have perfect vision the DJI may work for you. On another note I felt they were overly clumsy, heavy, poor weight distribution and improper fit. This may not be the case for you so just buy from a place you can return them if you have issues. $500 is a lot of cash if it doesn't work perfectly. Good luck
Ditto on the inability to get as good an image. It was good but the difference was very annoying so I returned mine.

I have the same issue. I wear 2.0 readers and it was suggested I but stronger ones (double - 4.0) for use with the goggles. The strain was incredible and I couldn't deal with it. Maybe you'll fare better. I returned mine.
Did you try the plus 4? That's what I'm worried about is the strain it may cause.

I have Fatshark dom 2 goggles and the DJI goggles as well but my favorite is my iPad Air with mavmount and drone world shade device. I use the DJI for anyone that wants to view the flight. When I use the DJI goggles I use a pair of reading glass 1 to 1.5 diopter stronger than I use to read with, this is due to how close the goggle screens are to my eyes. Fatshark aren't even close to iPad od DJI .

Did you try the plus 4? That's what I'm worried about is the strain it may cause.

There are several issues. The off-the-shelf reading glasses are never as good. The lens quality is not as good. And some people are just more sensitive to a less than “perfect” prescription quality vision.

I use a plus 2.5 for reading and a 3.25 for DJI goggles and works well for me. When flying aircraft for work I like the progressive ready glasses sold at Walgreens. They start at zero magnification at the top and go to 2.5 at the bottom. That works well for close up reading then a little farther up lens for mid range like the instrument panel and top of lens is zero for distance but for goggles you want the standard reading glasses. I bought several pairs in case someone else is wearing the goggles and needs correction.

I have the DJI goggles and I was just on vacation in Cozumel. I love the clarity they produce.. The range the occusync gets is crazy good wireless!!!IMG_08471.jpg However the mavic is a small drone built for travel. I had the mavic in my small backpack but I had to have the goggles in a separate bag. They got foggy if I didn't let them get used to the humidity. Overall I love them but they need to go smaller!

Reactions: MrsTreat
I have the DJI goggles and absolutely love them......only way to fly. I have a small head (big brain though) and wear a cap most of the time. Whenever i wear my goggles i just turn my cap backwards....ghetto like. It works perfectly and dose'nt slip around. I get a little light bleeding from the sides though....dose'nt bother me though. I find it hard to fly with just my phone now! Also just ordered Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com
Saves me having to undo the goggles all the time.

Reactions: Pathogen
I have the DJI goggles and absolutely love them......only way to fly. I have a small head (big brain though) and wear a cap most of the time. Whenever i wear my goggles i just turn my cap backwards....ghetto like. It works perfectly and dose'nt slip around. I get a little light bleeding from the sides though....dose'nt bother me though. I find it hard to fly with just my phone now! Also just ordered Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com
Saves me having to undo the goggles all the time.
I have a really small head too and thin face, I also get a little light bleed, but so far it hasn't bothered me. I'm sure hoping the new readers I have on order help me see, I think it will be awesome experience when things aren't so blurry.

I'm thinking I may just try the goggles, but my concern is Im a female with a small head, I usually wear a ball cap here on the farm and I always on the smallest setting and sometimes that's too big, do the goggles adjust to a pretty small size?
You could wear a swimming hat.

I think it will be awesome experience when things aren't so blurry.

It is pretty fun. There are a lot of trees behind my place, and there is a narrow gap between them that I've wanted to fly through since the first day I got my Mavic, but even after many flights with phone screen I was never getting a proper intuitive sense of the scale of things and wouldn't dare fly in there, but with the goggles, I went right in there on the third flight and had a great sense of things and crept through the area like a dragonfly. There is a bear living in there so it was nice to give it something to think about other than what I would taste like!

Reactions: c4Lvin and PT_Mavic
It is pretty fun. There are a lot of trees behind my place, and there is a narrow gap between them that I've wanted to fly through since the first day I got my Mavic, but even after many flights with phone screen I was never getting a proper intuitive sense of the scale of things and wouldn't dare fly in there, but with the goggles, I went right in there on the third flight and had a great sense of things and crept through the area like a dragonfly. There is a bear living in there so it was nice to give it something to think about other than what I would taste like!
Oh wow I hope you get the beat on video, that would be awsome

Oh wow I hope you get the beat on video, that would be awsome
It tries to act tough and scary but when I tell it to stop being a goofball it runs away huffing. Bears have vastly superior hearing and vision than us, better than dogs even, so the moment it hears those props its gone. I would be extremely lucky to capture it with my noisy Mavic. :)

Reactions: NinjaNut
Regarding trying various glasses to determine the amount of correction needed, I'd suggest a trip to the Dollar Store. You can buy an assortment for a dollar each and see what works best for you. My experience is that a stronger correction than what I needed had no downside. I got the Focus Fixers with the stronger correction and so far, all those who have used them have been able to see clearly.

I also have the Epson BT-300's which I use most of the time. They're very different from the DJI goggles. Each of them are very good in their own way.

Regarding trying various glasses to determine the amount of correction needed, I'd suggest a trip to the Dollar Store. You can buy an assortment for a dollar each and see what works best for you. My experience is that a stronger correction than what I needed had no downside. I got the Focus Fixers with the stronger correction and so far, all those who have used them have been able to see clearly.

I also have the Epson BT-300's which I use most of the time. They're very different from the DJI goggles. Each of them are very good in their own way.
Yes, I did take my goggles to town and try on several pair. But the highest they went was plus 3.25 and although they helped, it was still very blurry. So I ordered some from amazon that are stronger. I just can't believe I need that strong when I don't even wear glasses.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada