DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are DJI goggles still best option?

Laura:

How did the stronger glasses work out?
Well not as clear as I'd hoped for, it's diffently not perfect still a bit blurry, but clear enough that I can still enjoy it. That sad thing is in any mode other than HD it's really blurry and I can't understand that. I'm still hoping someone with good eyes can take a look and tell me what they see.

Is it possible for you to have someone who has their own set of DJI goggles and is familiar with them have a look at yours to see if they have a problem?

I will check at local Dollar store to see if they have any glasses stronger than 4 for you to to try.

Hi Keith, acually dontt know anyone that has a set of googles, thst was very nice to say you would look for a stronger set for me, I had to order the plus 4 because you just can't find them in town. But the weird part is I have plus 3.75 and the 4,s and the 4 isn't hardly any improvement over the 3.75... I may order some stronger ones but man I'm kinda scared they will hurt my eyes?

Laura:

I went to the Dollar store to get readers stronger than 4.0 and they had none. I then remembered that there is an eyeglass store at our local flea market. I was able to get a pair of 4.5 and a pair of 5.0 readers.

I normally use 1.5 readers, but when I first got the goggles, I tried 2,0, 2.5 and 3.0. I found no difference between the 2.5 and 3.0 lenses. I ordered the Focus Fixers with 3.0 and they work fine for me and the few others that have tried them.

Today, I removed the Focus Fixers and tried both the 4.5 and 5.0 glasses. Neither was any better or worse for me than the 3.0 lenses. I could detect no difference. My conclusion is that once you reach the "sweet spot" for your vision, going stronger has no downside.

If you PM me an address, I'll send the 4.5 and 5.0 glasses. I could also send 3.5 and 4.0, but I think you have them already. I'll be interested in your results. My opinion thus far is that 5.0 lenses would probably work for almost anyone for the googles due to the short focal distance.

The flea market shop had glasses up to 7.0 if anyone needs them.

I have the dji and moverio googles. Each have their advantages and disadvantage. My vote goes with dji. very well made, complete immersion, head tracking and gimble control. It does not sit on my head comfortably so I wear a baseball cap backwards, now it is snug and comfortable

Reactions: blanka
hi everyone, has the DJI goggles got latency problems? which is the max distance they receive with no problems? thanks
I don't think its even possible for the Goggles to have latency issues barring hardware failure. They literally do nothing but receive the signal and display it, unlike the GO app which is doing a hundred thousand things at the same time. The only way I would guess there could be lag would be after some long flight due to potential memory leak, but I haven't read any complaints in that regard.

Reactions: blanka
The fogging issue is annoying especially down here in south Florida in the summer with 93 degrees and 100% humidity.
I have neither that temp nor humidity in the Great Northwet, but have you tried an anti-fogging spray or gel on your goggles?

Reactions: Pathogen
I wonder if saliva on the lenses would solve the fogging for those who have it, just like when using swim goggles? Yes that's right I'm saying to spit on them! Back to your safe space haters!

I wonder if saliva on the lenses would solve the fogging for those who have it, just like when using swim goggles? Yes that's right I'm saying to spit on them! Back to your safe space haters!
Yeah, that's gross, because there's no water to rinse them off after doing it. From reading I've done, it seems the anti-fog sprays and gels work fine, but you have to apply both to the goggles' lenses and both sides of Focus-Fixers or other corrective lenses.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum