DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are DJI lying about shipping capability ?

Valdal

Reactions
My order status is still saying “departed Shenzhen facility” even though I paid for the new mavic only minutes after the launch and was told in marketing that it would ship immediately.
Whilst I realise that a day or two could be taken to pick and pack etc, it doesn’t seem right that they have actually not yet shipped my drone a week after purchase.

It’s the pro and it has the fly more package.

Gotcha, Pros do seem to be a bit slower moving out of the factory than Zooms.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
No they don’t lie. If it’s saying departed it would have done so . Remember it’s a massive logistics operation where inventory usually get sorted for countries in their first HongKong stop . I imagine that countries and zones are batched together for overall speed and efficiency . There is always the possibility of it getting lost but I wouldn’t bank on that for a few more days yet if you get no further update

I can’t help but think that in part your right but I reckon what they are doing is issuing a tracking number soon after order to “appease” the buyer and then waiting until a set amount are ready for each location to ship more cost effectively as you suggest.
Truth is they are not shipping at the time they issue the tracking number but instead using in stock numbers to give the impression items are shipped.

I can’t help but think that in part your right but I reckon what they are doing is issuing a tracking number soon after order to “appease” the buyer and then waiting until a set amount are ready for each location to ship more cost effectively as you suggest.
Truth is they are not shipping at the time they issue the tracking number but instead using in stock numbers to give the impression items are shipped.

If it's been scanned with a carrier and has that departed Shenzhen facility scan that's no longer in the hands of DJI so it truly as shipped. Sometimes exports output of Shenzhen can get backed up when routes from Shenzhen to Hong Kong do not have capacity with the carriers. Unfortunately we see it happen just about every week with all of our imports from DJI's factory in China.

Everything flows out of Shenzhen and into Hong Kong to then head to the US. Typically stopping in Alaska and on to either Memphis if FedEx or Louisville if UPS, Cincinnati if DHL.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canuckdive