DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are prices dropping on all models with introduction of Spark?

tropicalben

Reactions
I've heard rumors that DJi will be dropping prices on all models in the next few weeks. Can anyone confirm this or was I given bad information? I'd like to buy a Mavic Pro, but I can wait if the price is going to drop a couple hundred dollars in the next few weeks. Or does anyone know of a retailer that will price adjustment if I buy today and refund the difference if there is a price drop in the next 30 days?

DJI normally does not drop prices until a new version of the same model is announced. The Spark is a brand new model, so the prices of unrelated models (e.g. the Mavic) will likely not be affected.

Reactions: tropicalben
Are those the same as the rumors about the Mavic 2 announcements from months ago? It's just my opinion, but I don't see price drops for awhile since they are still selling quite well. I may be wrong, it happens often.[emoji12]

I've heard rumors that DJi will be dropping prices on all models in the next few weeks. Can anyone confirm this or was I given bad information? I'd like to buy a Mavic Pro, but I can wait if the price is going to drop a couple hundred dollars in the next few weeks. Or does anyone know of a retailer that will price adjustment if I buy today and refund the difference if there is a price drop in the next 30 days?

Who gave you the information? I dont see DJI dropping prices in the next few weeks. They dont usually drop prices, they just discontinue models. All the Phantom 3's have been discontinued except for the Standard, but that's still $499 on DJI's website. Phantom 4 has been discontinued in favor of the P4P and P4P+.

You can try some of the big box stores, they might be offering promotions. Here is Best Buys price matching policy but it only applies at time of purchase:

Learn about Best Buy Price Match Guarantee

Reactions: Snickell
they're going on sale at costco soon, you save a whopping $10 and get a free spiffy bag to throw it into (you know, the crappy one that comes with flymore). Only plus I could see in that deal is the 90 day return period - good if you get a mav with a wonky gimbal.

Reactions: Former Member
they're going on sale at costco soon, you save a whopping $10 and get a free spiffy bag to throw it into (you know, the crappy one that comes with flymore). Only plus I could see in that deal is the 90 day return period - good if you get a mav with a wonky gimbal.

Wow, does Costco really give 90 days even if you've flown it? If so, then even the measly $10 discount makes it worth looking in to, even if a buyer has to pay sales tax on it.

Why would DJI drop the price of a Mavic, Phantom or Inspire just because they launch a Spark?

There is no logic in that whatsoever.

The only time the price of a Mavic will drop will be when Mavic 2 is launched and the same goes for other models.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54