DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

are the days of the drone coming to an end

Cars and roads are highly regulated. There are still a lot of car enthusiasts. Same with drone. Nothing is going to change especially in the USA. Worry for nothing.

As an old fart I have seen many changes, more and more I have seen the government taking over our lives, one has to be blind to not see it, it has taken our freedoms away one little bit at a time, It's like the frog on the stove in a pan of water, they just raise the temperature a very little at a time, (remove your freedoms a little at a time) you don't notice because it's just a little at a time, just like the frog, till he gets cooked, you are loosing your freedoms just a little at a time, by the time you realize this, like the frog, you have lost all your freedoms its to late, just like the frog that's cooked. I'm 87 I've seen it coming. disagree if you like, but think real hard about what's happening with the drone regulations.

Just to put a little perspective on this:

In 1945, when you were 11, the population of the US was 140 million people; today it is 331 million. 140% more people living in the same amount of space, combined with technologies that weren’t even dreamed of 75 years ago seems to me to require constantly changing regulations for the safety of everyone.

No point in pretending that the only thing that has changed is governments that want to “take away freedoms”. I’m 60 and have also seen a lot of change, although not as much as someone your age, for sure. However, increasing regulation is not an agenda to take away freedoms, in my opinion. It’s an inevitable result of population growth and the complexities that come with that.

Reactions: Alex Baxter
Just to put a little perspective on this:

In 1945, when you were 11, the population of the US was 140 million people; today it is 331 million. 140% more people living in the same amount of space, combined with technologies that weren’t even dreamed of 75 years ago seems to me to require constantly changing regulations for the safety of everyone.

No point in pretending that the only thing that has changed is governments that want to “take away freedoms”. I’m 60 and have also seen a lot of change, although not as much as someone your age, for sure. However, increasing regulation is not an agenda to take away freedoms, in my opinion. It’s an inevitable result of population growth and the complexities that come with that.
The rule is the same...when you're around people, you can't have anything, do anything or say anything.

I sure wish this trend of global lockdowns in response to the equivalent of a slightly more contagious flu would end! :rolleyes:
Unfortunately, the precedent has been set!

I sure wish this trend of global lockdowns in response to the equivalent of a slightly more contagious flu would end! :rolleyes:
Unfortunately, the precedent has been set!

Sadly, history sets the precedent here. I'm picking this assumptions made have not come with the backing of any real health related knowledge!
The reason why "Influenza A", commonly referred to as "the flu", is not seen to be so contagious is because there is a vaccine for it. Even that vaccine has to be modified almost every year for it to be effective for whatever strain of "flu" is most prevalent at that time. Without that vaccine, the four most common corona type virus which persistently circulate among humans would be just as deadly as they were when there were no vaccines. Take a look at the Spanish flu, just on 100 years ago - how deadly was that?

The current coronavirus related illness - COVID-19 - may not be as deadly as the Spanish flu (only time will tell though), because we do have a better understanding of viruses compared to back then. Like then though, the SARS-COV 2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) is winning this war, at the moment. The only weapon humans have available to them, at the moment, is the potential for herd immunity, where somewhere north of a 85% minimum human immunity level is required. Like in any "war" collateral damage is likely going to be very high, when frontline forces (health professionals in this case) don't have enough of any resources to even begin to hold the line, never mind getting a glimpse at victory.

If global lockdowns is what is going to help get us through until a vaccine is "globally" available, then so be it. The alternative maybe not just several millions infected, but several millions dead; with very few options being available at the moment, to decide who is going to the lucky person to dodge the next viral bullet!

I am a health professional, and I have worked in or around the frontline of health services for the elderly for more than 20 years!

Happy and safe flying (and living) ;) ? ?

I can see a day in a decade or so when many major corporations, with all their lobbyists throwing money at legislatures, begin drone delivery service in earnest. That means they will need plenty of unhindered airspace in which to fly. So it may be possible. If that does come to pass, hopefully the FAA will cut out a section of airspace for drones, or fit both corporate and private drones with avoidance features. Worst case we'll have to go to a special park to fly : (

It seems to me that the commercial interests are doing their best to limit hobbyists that's how,
You hit the nail on the head. It appears that they want to make restrictions on induvidual UAV pilots very difficult for the average hobbyist so that their fleets can update under fewer restrictions. Kind of an oxymoron.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming