DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are the M2Pro Photos Any Good?

SoCalDude

Reactions
So, I took my new Mavic 2 Pro out for an evening spin over the ocean to capture a few images to see how the photos compare to photos from my original Phantom 4 camera.

Well, I have to say, the M2Pro photos are definitely higher quality and produce much more detail than I thought it would. (see attached images). If you zoom in in the photo of the overhead view of the end of the pier, you can see the detail in the concrete panels that make up the deck of said pier.

I'm happy I went with the M2Pro version! Thumbswayup

IPsXIQX.jpg

iZymmYy.jpg

zvExaum.jpg

Last edited:
What's with the giant watermarks across the image? Seriously?
I've had quite a few photos get "lifted" in the past. I make some money on the side with my images, so (unfortunately), I have to do this for public postings.

I've had quite a few photos get "lifted" in the past. I make some money on the side with my images, so (unfortunately), I have to do this for public postings.

quite frankly, do you think you would make any money out of those pretty basic pictures ?

by the way i find the last one quite grainy, the sky is awful ...what ISO did you use there ?

The last image in particular has a ton of noise in the sky. What was the ISO?

quite frankly, do you think you would make any money out of those pretty basic pictures ?

by the way i find the last one quite grainy, the sky is awful ...what ISO did you use there ?
i agree, come on dude, i fully understand waterarks etc but like this post says these are pretty basic images, would have been nice to see the quality of the image without a huge watermark strewn across the entire image, also intersted in the exif data for all of them but like mentioned the last one is incredibly noisy,

Reactions: KONY
The new M2P is a wonderful machine. I've had mine for two days and I hope my MP doesn't collect too much dust. Here is a J-peg taken yesterday in my backyard, out of the box with no enhancement. Set to "auto".DJI_0006.JPG

actually last one looks exactly like something i could have taken with my MAVIC PRO 1 = unusable

Last edited:
actually last one looks exactly like something i could have taken with my MAVIC PRO 1 = unsuable
OK Kony, the truth is, I took the photo with a camera that I got in my grandson's Happy Meal box today. How do you feel about your MP1 photos now? Oh, what do you mean by "unsuable"? Keep up the good work!

Markim mate, calm down....i was just giving my honest opinion about the quality of the photos shown here.

on other threads some people have posted gorgeous pictures from their MAVIC 2 PRO, and i had nothing else to say but to confirm they were gorgeous.

The pictures posted in here are really terrible (especially the last one from OP)...should i lie JUST to make the OP happy ?

I think i'd rather hear someone tell me my pictures are noisy so i would try to correct this...than having people lick my *** and tell me it's the best pictures they have ever seen when in reality they think the contrary...

You never improve yourself by hearing dis-honnest comments about your work...

(and about unusable, it was just a typo which i corrected even before you chiming in here)

They are OK but they don't like manipulation very much. Color graduation kinda sucks but it's a huge step up from the previous models. I'm very picky and a long time camera nut so my standards are pretty high.

Got this one tonight. Mild edit.

08302018.166033.jpg

My M2P arrived on Tuesday and I wasn't planning on flying until this weekend but the sky lit up this evening so I ran outside to try and capture the twilight sky. This was taken in Downtown Los Angeles and is a frame from a hyperlapse I shot. All camera settings were auto with some editing of the DNG in Photoshop. Really impressing with the camera on this thing. Also, she handles great and is very very fast.

f/2.8, 1/30sec, ISO-160
full

Last edited:
WOW WOW WOW nothing but perfect !!

So with your post i understand that while shooting an hyperlapse, the 200 or so pictures the MAVIC would take are still pretty high quality !!

great because i was having in mind to shoot hyperlapse fireworks but at same time to be able to retrieve a few individual JPEG/DNG from that same fireworks

your photo proves that it's totally possible

thank you

somehow this drone may be able to shoot quality pictures at faster intervals than most DSLR (or at least most bridge cameras)

My CANON SX50 hybrid camera needs quite a few seconds beteween 2 shots

Actually, I have licensed quite a bit of photos to others over the years, thank you. BTW, for the last photo, I used an ISO of 800.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929