DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are there 2 different Fly app versions of the new update 1.1.6

silverdragon

Reactions
I notice the Flight Assistance is different. I see one version has a letter A in a hex box on the left side of the screen.l dont have that. I believe its call Obstacle Avoidance Action feature.

Last edited:
There are probably different variants for the Mavic Mini and for the Mavic Air 2, each one will have different functions.

You don't currently see OA in DJI Fly as the MM doesn't have obstacle avoidance, it has no forward sensors etc.

When you get your MA2 and select it on the DJI Fly start page then you will have the other OA settings

Last edited:
I notice the Flight Assistance is different. I see one version has a letter A in a hex box on the left side of the screen.l dont have that. I believe its call Obstacle Avoidance Action feature.
There’s some confusion at the moment because a video from a guy in Canada shows the functions of DJI Fly 1.1.6 but his drone had a new FW update that is not currently available to the general public, meaning he had that additional feature, but the rest of us don’t

Reactions: dawgpilot
Should I expect this version anytime soon.

Personally, I wish when a company has a App, like FlyApp for example, ver 1.1.6 should be written as one. So Joe, Mike Henry, Susan, Cathy would have the same Application retrospectively speaking.

Personally, I wish when a company has a App, like FlyApp for example, ver 1.1.6 should be written as one. So Joe, Mike Henry, Susan, Cathy would have the same Application retrospectively speaking.
We do, it’s the FW in the drone that was different.

It’s the same software, the differences noted are based at the moment whether you fly a Mavic Mini or Mavic 2 Air, and what firmware you currently have installed. Newer versions can show features in the software you were not aware of.

Sometimes people seem to get firmware before others, or its released and pulled back because issues show up

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manzo