DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are there any discharging options for the Mini2 batteries?

98 SNAKE EATER

Reactions
On my old MP1, I could adjust the discharge times for all my battery packs so they would automagically discharge within one day

On my Mavic Mini, this wasn't possible

I haven't picked up a Mini2 yet, but are the discharge times adjustable?

None of the recent models have adjustable delay, DJI basically decided they found the best compromise at 5 days and hardcoded that.

Reactions: Thomas B
None of the recent models have adjustable delay, DJI basically decided they found the best compromise at 5 days and hardcoded that.
Plus a hardcoded discharge to 96% at 24 hours, whether you like it or not! The battery cannot then be topped off to 100% until first manually discharged to 95%, which is a real pain!

At least they did program a discharge after a few days for those who don't fly within that time period. Good to have the function there at least. Helps the health of the batteries.

Reactions: cc_jim
At least they did program a discharge after a few days for those who don't fly within that time period. Good to have the function there at least. Helps the health of the batteries.
I'm not sure that actually works. There are a couple of threads on here where people (including me) are finding that even after 5 days there has been no automatic discharge of a fully charged battery.

I spoke to DJI support about the issue. They told me they were going to refer it to the engineers and get back to me with any solution - unsurprisingly they have not.

Discussion here

Noone seems to be able to confirm any evidence of any kind of auto discharge? I personally have not seen any of my batteries discharge in the last few weeks since new.

On my old MP1, I could adjust the discharge times for all my battery packs so they would automagically discharge within one day

On my Mavic Mini, this wasn't possible

I haven't picked up a Mini2 yet, but are the discharge times adjustable?
I'm right now having trouble with one of the 3 batteries supplied with the Mini Fly more combo. This battery had only 39 charges and after a dron firmware update, it didn't charge anymore. I contacted DJI support, and they say that my battery had "poor maintenance" because I just used it only 39 times in 14 months. Believe it or not, that's the weird response of DJI support. And as the warranty ended two months ago, they don't want to fix it replace it, when obviously, there is a manufacture or defective component on the battery. I can't believe the weird response of DJI. They almost told me that I should had check the battery charge status daily. I'm very dissatisfied with such a weird explanation.

I'm right now having trouble with one of the 3 batteries supplied with the Mini Fly more combo. This battery had only 39 charges and after a dron firmware update, it didn't charge anymore. I contacted DJI support, and they say that my battery had "poor maintenance" because I just used it only 39 times in 14 months. Believe it or not, that's the weird response of DJI support. And as the warranty ended two months ago, they don't want to fix it replace it, when obviously, there is a manufacture or defective component on the battery. I can't believe the weird response of DJI. They almost told me that I should had check the battery charge status daily. I'm very dissatisfied with such a weird explanation.

That's ridiculous

I'm old school when it comes to battery maintenance and have always discharged my Lipo batts to a storage charge within a day of being fully charged.

I have a shelf full of packs that are over a decade old and still funtion like new

The same goes for my old MP1 packs that I set to a 1 day self discharge

Reactions: cc_jim
My batteries are definitely self discharging as scheduled by DJI (97%@1d-72%@5d).

I am happy with the arrangement. I am not bothered to recharge my batteries, but I would be pissed off to see them swollen.

Like many my mini2 batteries don't discharge even after 10 days even if they should. I use the charging hub as power bank to charge my phone or other things a few times.

Reactions: Grazuncle
For keeping my Mavic 2 Pro batteries healthy, I am using this device to discharge them to the safe level for storage ISDT FD100 Smart Discharger for LiPo/LiHv/LiFe/LiIon Batteries.
I have used it also with Mavic Air 1 in the past. I haven't tried it with my Mini 2 as I don't have the cable with battery connector as of yet - bought the mini only few weeks ago.
You can also connect this discharger to the PC and adjust the parameters - separate purchase of cable is required, software is free from ISDT website.

For keeping my Mavic 2 Pro batteries healthy, I am using this device to discharge them to the safe level for storage ISDT FD100 Smart Discharger for LiPo/LiHv/LiFe/LiIon Batteries.
I have used it also with Mavic Air 1 in the past. I haven't tried it with my Mini 2 as I don't have the cable with battery connector as of yet - bought the mini only few weeks ago.
You can also connect this discharger to the PC and adjust the parameters - separate purchase of cable is required, software is free from ISDT website.
Mavic 2 batteries that have the latest battery FW installed auto discharge to 96% after 24 hours and 70% after 5 days. No need for anything else.

Reactions: SkyeHigh
I am sure they do. For me is more convenient to discharge them for storage in less than 20min.
Mavic 2 batteries that have the latest battery FW installed auto discharge to 96% after 24 hours and 70% after 5 days. No need for anything else.

I am sure they do. For me is more convenient to discharge them for storage in less than 20min.
Why? By default, they start properly discharging to storage charge within 24 hours and are fully in storage mode after 5 days. I believe there was also an option in the app to select going directly into storage mode in 24 hours.

Good afternoon!
I recently purchased the Mini 2 and have been soaking up so much good info from this site. I understand that the Mini 2 batteries need to be stored at non-full levels, but how about the controller? Do any of you discharge your controller to a certain level as you do the M2 batteries?

Good afternoon!
I recently purchased the Mini 2 and have been soaking up so much good info from this site. I understand that the Mini 2 batteries need to be stored at non-full levels, but how about the controller? Do any of you discharge your controller to a certain level as you do the M2 batteries?
Seems you have also soaked up a lot of hysteria and fear mongering over batteries that manage themselves just fine. Just update to the latest FW to have DJI manage their batteries the way they were intended to be managed. Battery in the RC is a different type and requires no battery management. These drones are meant to be flown, not put in deep storage for a year! Get out there and fly, instead of micromanaging batteries!

Reactions: RedMosquito
Seems you have also soaked up a lot of hysteria and fear mongering over batteries that manage themselves just fine. Just update to the latest FW to have DJI manage their batteries the way they were intended to be managed. Battery in the RC is a different type and requires no battery management. These drones are meant to be flown, not put in deep storage for a year! Get out there and fly, instead of micromanaging batteries!
Sound advise for sure!

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock