DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are there any free ways to get something like AirData's Battery Health Analysis?

LakeWorthB

Reactions
As title says, I am not ready to pay a subscription fee, so are there any free alternatives? Does Dronelink or Litchi have this?

Thanks.

As it's the trends of the battery performance that's interesting, battery data from several (all) logs flown with your individual batteries needs to be analyzed together.

This means that the service you're looking for needs to be able to store all the logs ... Dronelink or Litchi don't have that service.

The only free SW I know of that might have the possibility is FRAP, you can get it here --> Update FRAP In the FRAP case you need to host all logs by yourself on your computer ... I know that the guy that compiled FRAP & I discussed this ... like a year ago. Send him a PM from the link above if you have questions about the possibility to follow battery trends.

Or you can ask yourself how much you are prepared to pay in order to not be surprised by a forced auto landing on the spot due to a failing battery cell ... see the subscription as an insurance cost.

Hi, not sure how much data you want but Airdata does have a free hobbyists plan which does include battery analysis. It’s limited to only your last 100 flights but how much data do you need before you spot a worrisome trend?
Hope that helps, take care. Peter

Hi, not sure how much data you want but Airdata does have a free hobbyists plan which does include battery analysis. It’s limited to only your last 100 flights but how much data do you need before you spot a worrisome trend?
Hope that helps, take care. Peter
That's unfortunately not correct ... the battery management with trends comes in from their HD 360 Gold subscription which is $6.99/month.

1607529079134.png

I think @Peter Hughes point was that with a bit of "self analysis", you can infer/spot battery health trends. I use (and love) the (free) Airdata plan, and it definitely gives battery stats on a per flight basis: just no analysis.

Reactions: Peter Hughes
I think @Peter Hughes point was that with a bit of "self analysis", you can infer/spot battery health trends. I use (and love) the (free) Airdata plan, and it definitely gives battery stats on a per flight basis: just no analysis.
Hi, thanks for that. Yes that is what I was trying to say, my apologies if my wording wasn’t clear. Take care. Peter

Reactions: slup
The battery info with the gold package is really extensive. The info is very layered and informative and even has percentages of issues for their entire database. If your battery, for instance, has major cell deviations..it's going to fail at some point sooner or later and land in place..trust me on this :(
I think the gold package is pretty cheap. The only thing that makes it sound expensive is the fact that there is so much info available for free with the app.

If your battery, for instance, has major cell deviations..it's going to fail at some point sooner or later and land in place..trust me on this :(
It would be nice if you could quantify this statement: quantity or magnitude of deviations? For example, I see minor cell deviations all the time (and only in stressful situations), but never any major cell deviations.

As title says, I am not ready to pay a subscription fee, so are there any free alternatives? Does Dronelink or Litchi have this?

Thank
Post a flight log and i will upload to my account and share that with you. I own the gold account.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne