DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are there any tricks that will allow me to shoot an extremely under exposed video?

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103366

Ideally I would like a blank screen with just telemetry showing. As far as I can see the best I can achieve is -3 Ev. I do have filters en route but I they are not here yet and rather late.
I do not want to cover the lens with anything as I might need to see what is in front of the drone at some point during the flight.
Thanks

Hopefully someone else can help you but I haven't seen a way to do that... granted im not sure i was ever looking. May i ask why your asking? If you just want to telemetry you can probably edit everything else out of a phone screen capture fairly easily.

Why do I want such a video? I want a screen capture video of the telemetry but I do not want the location recognisable.
I haven't got even a hint of a clue how to edit videos so underexposing the video seems the easiest alternative.....or nmybe not

Why do I want such a video? I want a screen capture video of the telemetry but I do not want the location recognisable.
I haven't got even a hint of a clue how to edit videos so underexposing the video seems the easiest alternative.....or nmybe not
Ah that what I figured, like I said i hope someone can help you here i just haven't seen a option like you said in playing with the setting to get it completely un-recognizable. You can jack with he iso and such but it will just look worse under exposed or over exposed.

Thanks, where is/are the ISO settings, what menu etc.? I didn't see one/any unless perhaps it's a carry over from photos settings, I'll have a look. (android phone)

Thanks, where is/are the ISO settings, what menu etc.? I didn't see one/any unless perhaps it's a carry over from photos settings, I'll have a look. (android phone)

that will get you in the right place

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Edit: sorry you know its in photo mode and its not in video. I guess it may work though if you only want to capture the screen grab from the phone itself...

Just tape a piece of card to the front underside of the body and have it protrude out under the gimbal. Point the camera down to -90deg and it covers the camera view. If you need to see where you're going then pan up with the camera.

Wonderful, simple is very good!
Actually much the same thought occurred to me during the night, as the flight is likely to be over open sea, point the camera down, one patch of water looks very much like another

The best way would be to do it with a video/photo editor post production. If you want to get the best from drone photography you will find you need one sooner or later. I use Filmora9 which is relatively inexpensive buteasy to use and packed with features. Loads of youtube tutorials for it too.

I think the piece of card is the most simple solution. Alternatively, you can set the camera settings to minimum exposure: everything on manual, lowest ISO, largest diaphragm number and highest shutter speed.

Thanks to those who suggested changing the photography settings, I was going to say it doesn't work but........... please read on.
It is curious the way the mind works, I tried changing the photography settings and was able to get a very good black screen. BUT it wouldn't persist when I switched back to video. Why switch back to video?.....because I want to record a video of course.........
WRONG lol,
I want to record a screen capture not shoot a video.
I put Homer to shame at times!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: scro and ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GYarbro223