DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are there cheaper batteries?

Droneteen

Reactions
I am new Mavic owner. I only got one battery with mine. The original batteries are kind of expensive for me. Are there cheaper ones that will work?

I reccomend you only use DJI batteries. At least until your warranty is up. You would not save THAT much anyway.

Reactions: Frankmh24
A few 3rd party batteries have been released. It's still too early to tell if they are worthwhile using though.

Powerextra

CoolShow

Keep in mind that DJI will not honor your warranty if you choose to use a 3rd party battery and it causes your Mavic to crash.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drone Master
I have to assume some of the mavics at the bottom of the ocean or lost in flight have left brother and sister batteries with the failed pilots. :D

Reactions: MavicMaverick420
Yes. I think I will wait. There were no reviews on either of those on Amazon. I can't afford to be first one to try them.
This goes beyond "if it works, i'll buy it". There's also the issue of quality control. Nothing is 100% perfect all the time. DJI probably makes sure failure rate is low, say 1 in 10000. Cos they know if it fails, they'd have to replace them and the damaged drone. 3rd party makers aren't too concerned cos they dont take responsibility, so maybe 1 in 100. Just because a review says a 3rd party battery works just fine, you don't know if you get a faulty one instead.

FYI - I just got a couple aftermarket Powerextra batteries over the weekend - yes from Amazon. Fits decent - It does NOT have that positive click feel and sound like the OEM, but doesn't fall out when I GENTLY try to pull it loose. One thing about the batteries that might be of interest to all. The black plastic cover on the back end of BOTH batteries appear to show some swelling pretty much right out of the box. Intelligence seems to be the same has original, displaying output level of each cell and reads 1 time charged (out of the box). I haven't put them through a single charge cycle yet, because quite honestly, I'm scared...
IMG_2764.JPG IMG_2765.JPG IMG_2770.JPG IMG_2788.JPG IMG_2789.JPG

Last edited:
I have used both DJI and aftermarket batteries and have had 3 DJI batteries swell (kept under 80f in dehumidified room @ 20-30% charge) and NO swelling from aftermarket batteries, so now I only buy the aftermarket batteries.. I used powerextra batteries and they are perfect.

I'm new to the drone, amazing drone, anyone from around Great Barr area? Were do you fly your, not sure where to go, want to stay legal

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato