DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are there Mavic battery with higher capacity?

skan

Reactions
Regular Mavic Pro battery is a LiPo 3S 11.4V and 3830mAh.
It weights 240g.

Is there any alternative battery compatible with the Mavic Pro with higher capacity and same weight?

"...higher capacity and same weight?" I think they have been working on that since batteries were invented. The Mavic 3, or Super Mavic, will be out by the time they figure that out.

Reactions: Former Member
To answer your question, no, DJI does not make a higher capacity battery for the Mavic, nor do any generic companies making Mavic batteries.

That would have a great upgrade for the Mavic Pro Platinum which is a later generation Mavic, but the MPP batteries are the same specs as the MP. When DJI updated the Phantom 4 to the P4P, they gave the battery 10% more capacity, from 5350mah to 5870mah. No such luck with the poor little Mavic.

No. Also, let's think about this logically. If there was a higher-capacity battery, it is logical to assume it would pop up on a search like the P4 battery does. DJI would not be hiding this, and aftermarket companies certainly wouldn't.

Last edited:
Lots of guys on this forum mod their mavic with extra batteries or larger capacity batteries.

I have never done it but the concept is interesting to me.

I am rather surprised that some
Chinese company has not yet offered a “high capacity” mavic battery.

Mavic will fly just fine with a slightly heavier battery.

Lots of guys on this forum mod their mavic with extra batteries or larger capacity batteries.

Yes, but it has a drawback, adding more batteries also adds a lot of weight.

Unfortunatelly we would need a really large cell.
I can picture a solar panel pulled behind my mavic like the ad banners pulled behind airplanes.. Ha....
On a serious note: If I don't "hot rod" my drone , I can get pretty much the whole 27 minutes out of my batteries. Smooth flying and non-erratic stick movement seems to make it last..

Reactions: TotemLake
To answer your question, no, DJI does not make a higher capacity battery for the Mavic, nor do any generic companies making Mavic batteries.

That would have a great upgrade for the Mavic Pro Platinum which is a later generation Mavic, but the MPP batteries are the same specs as the MP. When DJI updated the Phantom 4 to the P4P, they gave the battery 10% more capacity, from 5350mah to 5870mah. No such luck with the poor little Mavic.

There are independent mavic pro batteries on the market. There are no differences in the specs though.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are independent mavic pro batteries on the market. There are no difference in the specs though.

Those are aftermarket batteries and are not made by DJI.

Those are aftermarket batteries and are not made by DJI.

correct.
The manufacturer is irrelevant to the topic. The question was, "Is there any alternative battery compatible with the Mavic Pro with higher capacity and same weight?".
There are alternative batteries, but none with higher capacity. That is what I was pointing out.

I believe member on these forums purchased this but I dont know the results. They did mention that you will have to figure out shipping from China though.

I believe member on these forums purchased this but I dont know the results. They did mention that you will have to figure out shipping from China though.

Is that for the Mav pro 2 or Mav pro??

unfortunately, I'm having a hard time figuring out how to order, even when the site is translated

There are 1 or 2 companies that do, but I wouldn't use them.

Reactions: Texas Mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54