DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are there some must have Mavic Acessories?

Bugsbunnyheli

Reactions
I am looking to get my Mavic and see a Lotta included ideas on some amazon bundles.
My question are what items are kinda must have.
Are landing gear a must have.
After market Charging hubs
Landing pads.
Things to cover the screen and hold the sticks of the remote.
64m memory cards
Card reader

I don't like bundles because they almost always include things I don't need, or things that are different from models of similar items that I would prefer.

For me, the must-haves are, in no particular order:
  • Extra batteries. I have three total but haven't ruled out a fourth.
  • A Powerextra (blue) charging hub, which unlike DJI's hub charges the batteries simultaneously rather than sequentially.
  • A car charger for the Mavic's batteries, but also a car changer for my iPad and the RC. I prefer Anker for a general purpose USB accessory charger.
  • Aftermarket gimbal clamp/camera protector. Much easier to put on and remove than the one included. I and a lot of other people use this one and swear by it: https://www.amazon.com/Gimbal-Teeni...1511854662&sr=8-6&keywords=mavic+gimbal+clamp
  • A sun shade for my device screen. In my case, a 9.7-inch iPad. And because I use an iPad:
  • A tablet holder for the RC.
  • ND filters. I buy ala carte, because I found with my Phantom 3 I really only ever use an ND16 and ND32. I'll probably eventually buy a circular polarizer.
  • A good bag that will fit everything I need to have on hand. This is what I'm currently using and love it: https://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Slin...sr=8-1&keywords=lowepro+slingshot+edge+250+aw
  • A 64GB microSD card. Samsung or SanDisk.
  • A landing pad. I don't always use it, but when I need it (flying from grass, dirt or gravel) it's a godsend. Because I have a landing pad I don't feel the need for landing gear.
  • I have stick protectors and use them, but they came free with some other accessory I bought. As cheap as they are I probably would replace it if I ever lost it.

Agree with above suggestions.
For the RC stick protector just cut out the moulding of the original packaging and use a rubber band to hold it on. Protects all the front of the RC and costs nothing

Get a lanyard for the remote. I am using this one which will attach directly to the foldable arms without any need for an additional holding plate. The lanyard is very helpful e.g. for hand-launch or hand-catching.

Here are my favorite must-have accessories for the Mavic:
  • Extra Batteries (get them from DJI or Amazon)
  • Lens Pen (to easily clean the camera or ND filters)
  • Case (check out the Go Professional hard case or others here)
  • Extra Memory Card (find commonly used memory cards here)
  • Memory Card Reader (to easily transfer photos/videos from memory card to a computer)
  • ND Camera Filters (find a list of good brands to use here)
  • Toolkit (in case you need to disassemble anything)
  • Combined Gimbal Lock & Cover (the OEM cover has weak tabs that eventually break off)
  • Compatible Phone/Tablet to Fly (see a list of commonly used phones/tablets here)
  • Extended Landing Gear (in case you need more clearance between the camera & ground)

Are landing gear a must have
Usually, I'll hand launch/catch my Mavic if the ground is not level enough (or too dirty/sandy) to launch from. I keep this set of silicon landing gear in my Mavic case/bag for times when hand launching/catching is not possible. I like that set because it's easy to install and has a rubbery surface to grip the ground. You can find some other landing gear options here.

After market Charging hubs
If you're going to have more than one battery (definitely recommended), you're going to want an easier way to charge multiple batteries at the same time. I use the DJI charging hub whenever charging more than one battery. The DJI hub is only able to charge one battery at a time -- which is fine if you're not in a hurry to charge your batteries. If you want to charge your batteries faster, then the blue charger is definitely the way to go since it's able to charge multiple batteries simultaneously.

Landing pads
A landing pad is a great item to have if you're going to be launching from surfaces that have tall grass (tall enough to touch the camera), dew, or dirt/sand. They come in sizes between about 2 to 8 feet (the larger ones offer more protection from dirt/sand kicked up by the props spinning & are easier to land on). You can find some good options here.

Things to cover the screen and hold the sticks of the remote
I use this stick guard when storing my Mavic remote controller in a bag. If you're going to store your Mavic remote controller in a place where the screen could potentially be scratched, then this stick guard would be a better option (since it also covers the screen).

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the stick guards, I've tried 2 of them, I prefer the case
_20171028_193006.JPG

Which fits easily in the dji bag
_20171028_192943.JPG
(I know some of you don't Luke the mavic faced down but its still safe and if you look at the front legs, by putting it there way you apply pressure to the motor and legs, which have been known to crack & break)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pathogen
I'm not a fan of the stick guards, I've tried 2 of them, I prefer the case
_20171028_193006-jpg.25734

I use the same case *with* the stick guard, the idea being if the case is turned upside down, the RC will be resting on the guard, not the sticks. I use a women hair band to keep the guard on RC.

I don't like bundles because they almost always include things I don't need, or things that are different from models of similar items that I would prefer.

For me, the must-haves are, in no particular order:
  • Extra batteries. I have three total but haven't ruled out a fourth.
  • A Powerextra (blue) charging hub, which unlike DJI's hub charges the batteries simultaneously rather than sequentially.
  • A car charger for the Mavic's batteries, but also a car changer for my iPad and the RC. I prefer Anker for a general purpose USB accessory charger.
  • Aftermarket gimbal clamp/camera protector. Much easier to put on and remove than the one included. I and a lot of other people use this one and swear by it: https://www.amazon.com/Gimbal-Teeni...1511854662&sr=8-6&keywords=mavic+gimbal+clamp
  • A sun shade for my device screen. In my case, a 9.7-inch iPad. And because I use an iPad:
  • A tablet holder for the RC.
  • ND filters. I buy ala carte, because I found with my Phantom 3 I really only ever use an ND16 and ND32. I'll probably eventually buy a circular polarizer.
  • A good bag that will fit everything I need to have on hand. This is what I'm currently using and love it: https://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-Slin...sr=8-1&keywords=lowepro+slingshot+edge+250+aw
  • A 64GB microSD card. Samsung or SanDisk.
  • A landing pad. I don't always use it, but when I need it (flying from grass, dirt or gravel) it's a godsend. Because I have a landing pad I don't feel the need for landing gear.
  • I have stick protectors and use them, but they came free with some other accessory I bought. As cheap as they are I probably would replace it if I ever lost it.
great advice there thank you

I like the following covers, they cover the battery terminals and the uncovered terminals in the drone when the battery is removed. My hangup, I never leave a battery in the drone after flight. Covers from Amazon
got these but only to use when taking drone and batteries as carry on when on a flight. plus lipo safe bags.

Must Have Mavic Pro Acessories.??
.Diffrent Cord/Cable for your Smart phone/Tablet to Controller
don't use those DJI cables that came with Mavic Pro.....Imo......
.........................cR

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard