DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you getting any Christmas goody’s for your drone 2018

I’m a little behind, chip have you flown your new Mavic yet, if so how was it?

No time this week but great weekend ahead! I'm charging everything right now, getting psyched and practicing my close-up photo techniques:

mnis, I am still working my way through the videos to come up with my top 3. I like them all so far although there are times in all these videos where I think the shot would look better if it was taken about 2X closer. :)

Last edited:
...as you probably know by now Wales did it grand slam winners,..

Been watching the highlights, congrats its a great day for Wales!

Oh well done WalesThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayup how did England do?

Umm, not quite as good as Wales, sorry about that...I did not watch game but read headline:

England blows 31-0 lead in spectacular implosion against Scotland

The bad weather has spread bad mood in our region for over a week. No improvement is expected in the next few days. Rain and storm, sometimes either and sometimes both.

Unfortunately, the positive forecast for Saturday was incorrect. I hate the unpredictability of the weather because my favorite hobby depends on it and I want to try so many things.

From now on I do not see weather reports anymore ...

But in search of encouragement I found the following:
And I totally agree ... I hum the song, I hum the song sometimes loud and sometimes quietly ...

About my YT playlist:
#02 Dream Destinations ...
I can not leave it unmentioned. It is almost the absolute highlight for me, due to the many video snippets of the snowscape.
20190316_233612.jpg
But here are my final 3 favorites:
#09 Forggensee ...
The reflections on the absolutely smooth water surface are fantastic.

#18 Moselle Viaduct ...
I love these slow flights along the bridge and the generally quiet scenes. The sky is not only a monochrome phenomenon on this bright day, but also the clouds are easily recognizable. And probably the UV filter used here favored the good overall impression.

#23 Castle in winter ...
The guy writes: "graded using FCPX". I have no idea what he means by this shortcut, but I want it too :)

It looks like almost everyone will always record and edit in 4K. Then the recordings are either left at 4K or converted to Full HD. If I think about it more, I can throw away all my Full HD recordings :-(

My conclusion:
I need a new notebook with a large 4K screen, something like FCPX and UV filters ...
Oh, I already have the UV filters :)

So that was my contribution for Sunday. Unfortunately, I have to work today, but there will still be some nice hours, I think. I hope you can relax a bit and use most of the day for your interests :)

Last edited:
, Weather in the Northwest has been seasonaly .. warm
Stocking up on firewood
for the winter season
Chainsaw / splitter :) so ya no Mavic time
Hope this helps ...
..... cR
This is what i type but it is posted as this .. ??

'..

tumblr_p9zbh4diIZ1xo0w8zo1_640.gif

Last edited:
Today I’ve got the outlaws round, o_O
Keep thinking of this,
Then this at the dinner table
Then telling me how to look after her daughter while she’s recovering from her op
Her taking over in the kitchen,

Father out law, totally different,

Such a nice bloke,

Love em to bits but, but..........

So that’s my Sunday for ya, then once they’ve gone I can then watch the Grand Prix;);)Thumbswayup

Porky, youre on a roll! :) Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall and watch you host the outlaws! :) If they had read your earlier posts they would have no doubt their daughter was in good hands with a good bloke. Thumbswayup

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I’ll be doing a lot of this,
And this

Got to be nice though, for Mrs P’s sake;)

Back at ya chip, St Patrick’s day;)

Love the Irish dancing, something about it, I could watch it for hours;)

Chip, theses two vids made my hairs stand on end when I first saw them.
A very modern Irish dance;)Dance group was called prodijig;)

Very nice although IMHO those eight regular girls from Galway are tough to beat!

mnis, just curious if you hum this tune while driving 120 on the autobahn:

...From now on I do not see weather reports anymore ...
But in search of encouragement I found the following:
I hum the song sometimes loud and sometimes quietly ...:)

I remember many years ago driving around humming Kraftwerk song:

Wir fahr'n fahr'n fahr'n auf der autobahn
Vor uns liegt ein weites tal
Die sonne scheint mit glitzerstrahl
Die fahrbahn ist ein graues band

Weisse streifen, gruener rand
Jetzt schalten wir das radio an
Aus dem lautsprecher klingt es dann
Wir fahr'n auf der autobahn

Had no idea what it meant but sounded cool. :cool:

Now let me throw you a curve. Here is an example of what I call Adventure Drone Video. Drones, boats and lighthouses, what a trifecta! I wish had the nerve to catch Mavic by hand like this guy but it seems sketchy to me.

Last edited:
Sorry posting from a
"Grey Market" Android Phone
.Now let me throw you a curve. Here is an example of what I call Adventure Drone Video. Drones, boats and lighthouses, what a trifecta! I wish had the nerve to catch Mavic by hand like this guy but it seems sketchy to me.

[/QUOTE]

That is a great video thanks for that
As a videobloger. Hands down the zoom would be the better drone.!

Personal because I'm a picture guy I'm still leaning towards the pro I need that bigger sensor
The hand catch thing not that hard just get it to hover... Grab and twist 45deg the rotors shut off .!
try it....
.....cR

Very nice although IMHO those eight regular girls from Galway are tough to beat!

mnis, just curious if you hum this tune while driving 120 on the autobahn:

I remember many years ago driving around humming Kraftwerk song:

Wir fahr'n fahr'n fahr'n auf der autobahn
Vor uns liegt ein weites tal
Die sonne scheint mit glitzerstrahl
Die fahrbahn ist ein graues band

Weisse streifen, gruener rand
Jetzt schalten wir das radio an
Aus dem lautsprecher klingt es dann
Wir fahr'n auf der autobahn

Had no idea what it meant but sounded cool. :cool:

Now let me throw you a curve. Here is an example of what I call Adventure Drone Video. Drones, boats and lighthouses, what a trifecta! I wish had the nerve to catch Mavic by hand like this guy but it seems sketchy to me.

...Drones, boats and lighthouses, what a trifecta!

@Chip, I can not say it better :))

Next thing for me:
Find and buy a lighthouse to live in, make an apartment out of it, and install a landing platform high up :)

Madness ... I've never tried this hand-catching thing because I'm a scaredy cat :-(

I always start and land on a level surface. I've seen so many videos about gripping the Mavics, but it was always too risky for me. But it's really impressive how the guy grabs the Mavics and silences them with the fast turn :)

Would it work with the M1x?

Anyway ...
He's definitely THE real Mavic catch killer!!! But he's not so good at flying yet, maybe there's a lack of concentration :)

About humming:
I still practice humming at home, and prefer on the couch, and not while driving. I'm just not sure if this will be helpful to me?

Or should I listen to a song by Enya endlessly?

Not a bad day yesterday but got caught short, outlaws came round a bit earlyo_O
But other than that all was good;)

My 1st Sunday roast went down like a treat, nope didn’t burn anything:D

watched F1 that evening, what a waste of time....... all I can say, “boring”:( your thoughts dad?

Madness ... I've never tried this hand-catching thing because I'm a scaredy cat :-(
I always start and land on a level surface. I've seen so many videos about gripping the Mavics, but it was always too risky for me. But it's really impressive how the guy grabs the Mavics and silences them with the fast turn :)...
Tried the hand catching thing once:D

I have read many people here say hand catching is easy and I think its necessary to fly on and off boats. BUT I also have real fear of it. It seems particularly dicey if in small boat which may suddenly rock up and down or side to side. I did get smacked in hand once by a drone (not DJI) which turned on by itself when I picked up off ground (not sure why it happened possibly RTH activated when picked up). No serious injury but some blood and not anxious to do again! I wonder if something like this might be used?

1552943251931.png

I’ve got a hand catcher, the wifeo_Oo_O while on our hols I was flying from the beach, took off on a platform but the wife hand catched it when the battery was low.

But I now always use a good old fashion landing pad;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7