DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you getting any Christmas goody’s for your drone 2018

Had a quick play with it in Lr, couldn’t remove it at all. The beam is soooo bright it’s burnt out that part of the photo, just like the sun would do. Think you hit the nail on the head with what you said about taking that shot at a different angle. I don’t know what I’m talking about but when I take a photo with something bright in it I’ll move the drone/camera until I get no sun/beams of bright light in it, I use the histogram when I take pics also remember our good old friend, zebra ;)

Thanks for the effort, I was real curious. I need to quit dragging my feet and get Lightroom!

@Chip ... I love this photo ... and I'm despairing soon, because I do not know what that is:
View attachment 65609

mnis, do not despair, its a glass sculpture in a reflecting pool at the Tacoma Museum of Glass and I will take you there right now. Here are some photos (not mine) to orient you and show the beauty of the place. First, here is a photo looking southeast with Mt. Rainier and Tacoma Dome in background to show general area:

1552250895479.png

Here we are looking from different angle showing the pavilion which runs along a waterway and marina.

1552250957235.png

I love these shots (again not mine):

1552251135726.png

1552251352598.png

Which brings us to the dome.

1552251597298.png

Which houses a glass blowing "hot shop" which is open to the public to watch the process.

1552251681994.png

1552251719920.png

It was the brainchild of famous artist and glass blower, Dale Chihuly who once said:

When I was studying interior architecture, and playing around with glass because I really liked glass.
There was one night when I blew a bubble and put a pipe into this glass I had melted and blew a bubble.
From that moment, I wanted to be a glassblower.

1552251829776.png

His works are on display throughout the area.

1552252210186.png

1552252228780.png

On a wild hunch let me ask, have you been there @charliesRig?

Last edited:
Thanks for the effort, I was real curious. I need to quit dragging my feet and get Lightroom!

mnis, do not despair, its a glass sculpture in a reflecting pool at the Tacoma Museum of Glass and I will take you there right now. Here are some photos (not mine) to orient you and show the beauty of the place. First, here is a photo looking southeast with Mt. Rainier and Tacoma Dome in background to show general area:

View attachment 65621

Here we are looking from different angle showing the pavilion which runs along a waterway and marina.

View attachment 65622

I love these shots (again not mine):

View attachment 65623

View attachment 65626

Which brings us to the dome.

View attachment 65627

Which houses a glass blowing "hot shop" which is open to the public to watch the process.

View attachment 65629

View attachment 65630

It was the brainchild of famous artist and glass blower, Dale Chihuly who once said:

When I was studying interior architecture, and playing around with glass because I really liked glass.
There was one night when I blew a bubble and put a pipe into this glass I had melted and blew a bubble.
From that moment, I wanted to be a glassblower.

View attachment 65632

His works are on display throughout the area.

View attachment 65636

View attachment 65637

On a wild hunch let me ask, have you been there @charliesRig?
Thanks @Chip, you explained that great. I really appreciate the effort
...thumbswayup...

Glassblowing fascinates me very much, and above all the art that can be realized from it. When I see how glassblowers work, I immediately think about unbearable heat and men with lung volumes like Superman :)

Other topic:
I've seen this katana thing so often, and again and again I wondered if it was for my Mavic could use. I hesitated and hesitated, because my smartphone and my good GoPro clone were almost always good enough for me.

But now I have the little DOP and start loving it. I think we'll have a great time together :)

Another topic:
In my opinion, this WetSuit thing is not much more than a pretty and expensive Decal with dubious benefits. The Mavics will not crash immediately if they get into the rain, some safety is already present in the product, but they were not built for such bad weather conditions.

This WetSuit essentially conveys a false sense of security. The material used is ironically neoprene, it even absorbs water and makes the Mavic a little heavier.

Useful or not, there are areas of the mavics that can not be adequately protected. The entire gimbal mechanics, motors, sensors and camera remain unprotected. Raindrops on the lens can ruin shots, motor shafts and bearings are not immune to water, and after every flight in the rain, they must be dried and greased so they do not start to squeal or fail.

To my knowledge, special water-resistant motors have, for example, ceramic bearings. Active air cooling can not be effectively protected against the ingress of water, and and and...

But the main problem is the provider of this WetSuit, because this person responds to critical issues rude, evasive and unprofessional. He even tried to discredit Rob here in the forum. Anyone who comes up with uncomfortable questions and constructive criticism is quickly dismissed as a stupid disturber, or appeased with contradictory statements.

Well, the provider of these WetSuits contributes with his advertising at least to the financing of this forum, which can be positively evaluated after all.

But I prefer to keep chewing my nails before I buy such a thing there ... Only my opinion ... And now maybe I'm standing a bit closer to the abyss again :-(

Chip are we neighbors.?
I live On Vashon island about 2.5 mile from Ruston (north tacoma)
about 7 nautical miles from Comencement bay (Glass Museum) Do you know they parked these Cranes by The Tyee mairina

......cR

Yeah, we are neighbors, at least as the drone flies! :) I just stumbled onto your thread and clapped when I saw the crane ship and Pt. Robinson. I call this spot right here jet ski alley, we like to turn and burn through here in the summer! Yes, I had noticed the big crane ship over at Tyee, gorgeous! I may fly over there and snap a few this week if weather holds! Very nice to meet you neighbor! :)

1552272985738.png

Yeah, we are neighbors, at least as the drone flies! :) I just stumbled onto your thread and clapped when I saw the crane ship and Pt. Robinson. I call this spot right here jet ski alley, we like to turn and burn through here in the summer! Yes, I had noticed the big crane ship over at Tyee, gorgeous! I may fly over there and snap a few this week if weather holds! Very nice to meet you neighbor! :)

View attachment 65659

https://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac122/speedy9810/giphy_zpsep8fwzsb.gif
https://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac122/speedy9810/giphy_zpsep8fwzsb.gif
Do it I might beat you there i have Buziness in tacoma might shoot on tueday
I sold my ski's about 15 yrs ago but while cleaning my garage out this week
I found this ...Interested .?
/

Little dirty $40
....cR

Small world, so Charlie and chip are sort of neighbours;) reminds me of the Australian soap;) bbq’s and beers on the horizon for you guys;) don’t forget to invite us from across the pond:):)

England got a total battering yesterday with high winds and rain, more to come this week:rolleyes: spring is just round the corner, love that time of year when everything starts coming back to life;)

Glass blowing, there was a documentary on tv over Christmas where they showed how they make the glass ball balls for the Christmas tree, fascinating,;) love that stuffThumbswayup

I might be flying today, going to another location about 40 miles from where I live, I’m visiting a family member then I’ll see what the weathers like, hopefully have some fun flying ;)

Small world, so Charlie and chip are sort of neighbours;) reminds me of the Australian soap;) bbq’s and beers on the horizon for you guys;) don’t forget to invite us from across the pond:):)

England got a total battering yesterday with high winds and rain, more to come this week:rolleyes: spring is just round the corner, love that time of year when everything starts coming back to life;)

Glass blowing, there was a documentary on tv over Christmas where they showed how they make the glass ball balls for the Christmas tree, fascinating,;) love that stuffThumbswayup

I might be flying today, going to another location about 40 miles from where I live, I’m visiting a family member then I’ll see what the weathers like, hopefully have some fun flying ;)
Did you manage to get some airtime dude??

Did you manage to get some airtime dude??

Nope my day went totally pear shape, I spent the whole day up the hospital, my wife took a turn for the worst at work and was rushed to hospital:( I’ve only just got in (7.30pm) but they have kept her in. She has an operation tomorrow.

No flying for any of us tomorrow in the uk, another storm rolling in:rolleyes:

I know my wife is the brunt of all my jokes but her not being here with me is killing me:confused:

Love her to bits;)
dear Tony hope all goes well for you and your wife ,will be thinking of you Omm

Thanks guys for all your nice comments, had a crap night, hardly slept, the doctors are concerned about her body temp now, it keeps rising:oops: she should be ringing me shortly with updates as to what’s happening. Can’t see her until 2.00pm uk time:( but it could be later than that if she’s in the operating theatre.

Looks like “storm Gareth” has started in my area alreadyo_Oo_O only gonna get worse as the day progresses.

Here you go dad, a tipical Welsh nameThumbswayup

It's an unbearable silence here ...

@Porky ... Is there any hopeful news?

I hope you all are well, and we will soon find some fun topics here again.

I am doing a short weather update:
Currently a lot of rain, moderate wind and 5 degrees Celsius in our region, but the prospect of some sun, starting from the weekend ... Yeah, Porky You can do better, but I really tried hard: -)

Yeah, lets hope we hear some good news from Porky soon. I have been playing around with my new M2 and Smatree case. More on this later. In the meantime here is one of my favorite vids. I cannot help but smile when I see it and wonder why this little kid would eat cranberries knowing they are going to be sour! :p

PORKY.!
where are you man
.......hope all is well Best wishes
...cR
tumblr_orvnodhHzS1qc1jg4o1_500.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member