DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you going to move from a Mavic 2 Pro to a Mavic Air 2? And why?

even if there are improvements to the MA2 it is not meant as a replacement to the M2P or zoom ,the new features are DJIs attempt to give the Autel Evo2 and Skydio drones a run for their money, if i only had a MM then the MA2 would be a great move up the ladder in the mavic stable,and were i to be unlucky enough to have an issue with my trusty MPP ,then for the price point it seems to be a very good alternative to the current M2P of course there are those who simply must have the latest model and that is fine, but if i purchased one tomorrow i would then have three drones that i could not fly in the present lockdown, we should go with what makes us happy as consumers
We are creating our own boundaries not other people. We are not slaves we are free.

What makes you not fly because of the lockdown?
because in the UK driving somewhere to fly a drone, is not classed as ascential travel ,and if caught then we are fined plus because of my age and medical condition i am classed as high risk and have to avoid contact with others cant even go to my daughters house to see my grandson

Absolutely not. Two entirely different class of birds. I do have an MA2 on order, by only to review for Drone U. I'll likely sell it once I'm done.

I rarely keep drones that aren't actively making me money in the air. The only exception to that lately is the Mavic Mini. I only kept that because it's cheap and fun to fly. And it's good for First Responder indoor flight training.

I won't buy MA2. Specs indeed look great and it looks like a ton of fun to fly, but I'll stick with my M2Pro and M2Zoom with Smart Controller. I like the common operating platform, both use Go 4, same batteries, same airframe, etc. The M2 airframe is proven, and performs really well in high winds, which I encounter in areas where I travel.

because in the UK driving somewhere to fly a drone, is not classed as ascential travel ,and if caught then we are fined plus because of my age and medical condition i am classed as high risk and have to avoid contact with others cant even go to my daughters house to see my grandson
I understand yeah I’m kind of in the same boat being a high risk person after having cancer but if I can’t at least go out and fly my drone with a mask on while staying away from other people I will go crazy

Reactions: old man mavic
I own the M2Z and bought a pro camera and have fell in love with it so left it on.. I have bought the MA2 but don’t plan to sell M2, I like to have the small yet powerful drone for some shoots I take.. if a M3 comes out it would have to do something special to give up the M2

Reactions: deltamike
Not interested. Increased flight time, which isn’t much, is no justification. The so called image improvement, again is not a reason to make the jump. Pause and think want one really uses their drone photo/video for? Or, how much one shares the them, the viewing audience, and the viewing quality.

Hello,

The question is in the title. Do you plan to move from a Mavic 2 Pro to the new Mavic Air 2? And why?

Thanks in advance
That’s a no to the Ma2, i’ll wait for the Mavic three pro if the Mavic air two is as good as it is imagine how good the Mavic three pro or whatever it’s called will be

Not interested. Increased flight time, which isn’t much, is no justification. The so called image improvement, again is not a reason to make the jump. Pause and think want one really uses their drone photo/video for? Or, how much one shares the them, the viewing audience, and the viewing quality.

I might not be understanding you but the Mavic Air 2 is nowhere near the image quality of the Mavic 2 Pro with the latter having a much larger sensor and I suspect despite the lower pixel count it will still have better actual resolution in reality.

Reactions: dioscuriII
That’s a no to the Ma2, i’ll wait for the Mavic three pro if the Mavic air two is as good as it is imagine how good the Mavic three pro or whatever it’s called will be
Hey, I just moved up to a Mavic 2 Pro and the Fly More package pre-owned (hardly used). Got it for an astounding price during this covid19 event. Haven't flown it yet but after selling off my Mavic Pro (sad!) , knew that it was a very good move. Got 400+ acres to fly on and waiting for a few accessories to arrive before flying. So, as for anticipating a Mavic 3 Pro, not really interested now, and can't conceive of it being revolutionary as the specs on the Mavic 2 Pro look awesome to me now.

Reactions: deltamike
I will keep my MP2 for now. From a hobbyist stand point and pure joy of flying for myself I do not see any real advantage to making the jump. Have actually been looking for a second drone to have but have not found anything that has tempted me to want to spend a sizable chunk to only have something that is not all that different then what I have currently.

Having owned several a/c in my time I have not yet discovered or flown one that is as stable, quiet, more obedient than my wife, easier to operate, takes great stills and video and most of all is a joy to fly. So, no, I am not buying the M2A and am VERY happy with my M2Pro.

AND if a tree jumps out at me and writes it off then I would buy another M2Pro.

Reactions: dioscuriII
The fixed aperture is what killed my desire for it, the rest of the features are great. But I can understand why its not variable.
With the small sensor and tiny pixels, the system is already past the diffraction limit. Stopping it down would degrade the image even more.

Considering the huge price difference between both models, I hope that some of the new features like the 4K resolution at 60 FPS, the Active Track 3.0 and the Hyperlapse in 8K will be available for the Mavic 2 Pro with a firmware upgrade.

I wouldn't hold my breath on DJI providing a firmware update with the aforementioned features....they would be hurting sales of the MA2 while earning no additional revenues from existing M2P owners. Just MHO.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard