DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you going to move from a Mavic 2 Pro to a Mavic Air 2? And why?

Lets see: 4k 60 fps, longer flight time, 48 MP photos, improved batteries with metal hooks on both sides, air sense, normal autofocus. So yes in those terms it is upgrade.
4K 60 is an upgrade over 4K 30. but its not that huge of a deal. the longer flight time is claimed to be like 2 minutes longer, and their claim is never accurate as shown by many people. as for the "48MP photos", its misleading. if you have a mavic 2 zoom/pro its better to just wait for the 3

Reactions: scdronemedia
You will really enjoy it. It is awesome, and its pics are very good.

Mavic 2 Pro got dropped off by UPS a couple hours ago, so far got everything set up, registered with the FAA and a short test flight. Shorter than I would like, but the weather is not looking great right now. Compared to the Mavic Air I previously had, the 2 Pro feels more solidly built in pretty much every way, even the way the antenna folds up from the remote feels considerably more substantial. The Mavic Air sound never bothered me like I know it does many people, but the 2 Pro is a far more pleasant noise (using pleasant in the loosest possible terms here). It's interesting in how it flies compared to the Air, seems to pick up speed a lot quicker but also rock a lot easier when releasing the thumb sticks, this could be it simply needing some calibration to my personal preferences though on the controller.

I do have one question, I fully charged the controller and even though I only flew for maybe 10 minutes, the controller battery had dropped to 65% in that short amount of time. Is that normal? Seems as though the controller would not even last through 3 fully charged batteries on the drone. I am using a Galaxy Note 10+ with it, but the phone was charged to 100% as well. I read something briefly about disabling fast charge on the phone, so maybe that will help some. Just curious, as long as the remote lasts through 3 batteries I'd have no complaints, I am surprised to see it discharge so quickly though.

Now off to order a skin as well as some labels with the FAA registration number.

I'll definitely try that next time I am flying, sucks that it is now raining. Looking forward to seeing what the 2 Pro can do.

I am surprised to see it discharge so quickly though.

I found that the M2 remote took a few charges to really get the most out of the battery, and many - like me - find that even fully charged, it typically shows 98% or so. Mine rarely shows 100%. This seems to be a non issue though. I easily get 4 flights with it, and could probably get even more. I fly with an iPad, so I don't deal with the phone charging issue.

i was going to buy it, but, now reading forums about jello, issues, dunno, it is an another $1k for something that does not seem to be quite well finished yet.
also, for me it would be a decisive factor if it would work with a smart controller, which it does not seem to do yet.

M2 zoom and pro do all i can possibly need and air 2 is not really adding anything new.

Reading about some of those issues is making me happier that I ultimately picked up a Pro.

I got the MA2 for portability and General flying for fun. The active track 3 is nice. But in my opinion you get what you pay for. My M2P camera is way better in both video and photos, and low light isn’t really a contest. I fly both in the same area, and I always get weak signal with the MA2, not on the M2P.. for the same route. They both handle wind well. The MA2 is great value if you don’t have a M2P. Or if you just want a quality spare done.
I will add that I didn’t think I would like the MA2 controller, but it grows on you. I really like the way it feels and the display location at the top.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tstr14