DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Arizona Monsoon Rains

Great Video F B...

Where was this filmed?

Looks like it might be near Tucson, where I grew up.

Joe

Reactions: Gringorio
Nicely done, really enjoyed the video. We are beginning to get some monsoon rains here in Vegas as well and I am hoping it may be enough to create some desert waterfalls, thanks for sharing

After and dismal monsoon on 2020, the 2021 monsoons already have the desert creeks flowing. There are too many threads on obstacle avoidance/sensors. Just turn them off and fly.

From what I saw with the video - you would not have incurred any real issues with obstacle avoidance / etc. Yet, you were flying where there don't seem to be tiny branches sticking out from trees that are hard to see from afar and tend to reach out and smack the drone.

I fly over water very regularly in doing waterfalls and NEED obstacle avoidance to miss those nasty tiny limbs I don't see so easily. Otherwise my drone may end up in the drink. So, it all depends on your flying skills and where you fly to feel safe with it on or off. I take the posts with a grain of salt and we don't typically get / know the full story for that. Most issues I have is when there is no GPS lock and the drone is in ATTI mode. Yet, I'm aware of that with my location; which some may not pay that much attention to - it is critical to know and be very aware to react properly when the drone seems to be doing it's own thing.

Great Video F B...

Where was this filmed?

Looks like it might be near Tucson, where I grew up.

Joe
Thanks! You're right, Catalina Mountains.

Awesome, I've always wanted to see those waterways blasting out waterfalls !
We finally had enough rain. The falls are still flowing...

Nicely done, really enjoyed the video. We are beginning to get some monsoon rains here in Vegas as well and I am hoping it may be enough to create some desert waterfalls, thanks for sharing
Hope you get some waterfalls to fly!

After and dismal monsoon on 2020, the 2021 monsoons already have the desert creeks flowing.

Gorgeous video ... congratulations!

I live further south of you down near the border with Mexico. Last summer was a total dud for us ... only one rainstorm the entire season. We've had a few decent rains the past couple of weeks, but you folks have gotten more than us I think, which is a bit unusual. At least the hillside here is quickly getting green again and doesn't look like it had been through a fire anymore.

Again ... nice job.

Reactions: epp and Gringorio
Thanks! You're right, Catalina Mountains.
Yeah, I thought so... I grew up on Magee Road... and used to hike up the south western face of the Catalina's. My most challenging hike was up Pusch ridge...which didn't seem that daunting at 15 years old... but 50 years later... I doubt I'd fare as well. Beautiful country, I sure miss the Saguaro Cactus "forests" there. Great video keep up the good work

Joe

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura