DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Arizona Sonoran Desert Scenes

I'm going to be out in Chandler, AZ in a couple of weeks for a reunion with my brothers and will definitely be taking my MA with me. . Hope to get some good desert footage and saguaro fly bys. Thanks for reminding me of the opportunity.
Remember temps will 100+ when your here suggest early morning flying and drink lots of water. To be honest There much better footage to be had then flying over the cactus yes do it once but try to get up north if you can , Sedona, Lake Mary, The rim area, anywhere on 89a from Flag south. Oak Creek Canyon and the list goes on.

OOps sorry guess I didnt pay attention to your dates you been and gone LOL my bad.

Reactions: Thomas B
Or up to the Mogollon Rim on Hwy 360 east of Payson... the rim is a 300 mile long 2000 ft high cliff across AZ.., launch on the rim I’m and fly over the edge and you will have a view that’s incredible from the altitude, but watch the winds.

Stills with the Ken Burns effect applied look almost like video sometimes too PB, in fact I think that's what many of those tv and other screen savers are really.
You can do this in iMovie, which is very simple, I use it often when doing intro screen frames, like the first 2 in this are stills, most likely from my iPhone . . .

Make the frame as long as you like, then adjust start and finish parts of the pic to give it flow desired, left to right, botton to top (or vice versa), or diagonally.

Edit, does this play in 1080 for any of you ?
My screen shows 720, not sure why, I shoot and save in 1080.
Great quality video PhoenixBird, just ordered ND filters for my Mavic Air. Looking forward to getting better results from photography in cactus deserts south of Spain. Filming there again in the next month. Also agree with Mavic_South, blending stills has really helped me to capture some of the close up ground brilliance you often miss at high elevation.

San José - Spain July 2018

Reactions: PhoenixBird
Or up to the Mogollon Rim on Hwy 360 east of Payson... the rim is a 300 mile long 2000 ft high cliff across AZ.., launch on the rim I’m and fly over the edge and you will have a view that’s incredible from the altitude, but watch the winds.
360? or 260

I usually ride my bike up to Camp Verde take 260 E to 87 north then take the lake Mary road to Flag, then 17 S to 89a south never had a drone with me tho, thats about to change LOL

Nice looking edit there Bigbird48. Good idea to mix the drone video with the land based stuff. I think you’ll like the ND filters and they should be very helpful up on the rim. I started with the PolarPro 3 pack; 4,8 and 16 but recently bought a 32 for those really bright days. Used it here on the west coast near San Simeon

Nice looking edit there Bigbird48. Good idea to mix the drone video with the land based stuff. I think you’ll like the ND filters and they should be very helpful up on the rim. I started with the PolarPro 3 pack; 4,8 and 16 but recently bought a 32 for those really bright days. Used it here on the west coast near San Simeon
I'm completely lost as to what your referring to , Help me out here

Oops - I think I responded to the wrong user in this thread; thought you had posted about ND filters.
Wasn't me, but I just bought a 6pak 4-8-16 ND and 4-8-16 PL now I have to learn what they do LOL or more to the point when to use them .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki