DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Arizona Sonoran Desert Scenes

One hour and nine min. of slow motion.??? Was I missing something? The area is nice, but?

Beautiful, but about 1h 3m too long and far too sllllooooooooww!
Thanks for the feedback. Regarding the length, I design these for passive viewing; the kind of video to have on in the background when doing other tasks; or maybe when you have people over. Lots of lengthy content out there; fireplaces, snowfalls, waterfalls etc. - this is my attempt at sUAS video content for those viewers who want a more relaxing experience instead of the quick cut action seen in so many clips.

Thanks for the feedback. Regarding the length, I design these for passive viewing; the kind of video to have on in the background when doing other tasks; or maybe when you have people over. Lots of lengthy content out there; fireplaces, snowfalls, waterfalls etc. - this is my attempt at sUAS video content for those viewers who want a more relaxing experience instead of the quick cut action seen in so many clips.
Great idea. Better than the take fireplace loop I ran over Christmas.

Agree successful in that way, like the TV sceensavers etc.
You could actually do this with high res photos too, and use Ken Burns effect for such movement, maybe a combo of pics and vid.
I feel you could add some relaxation music to such videos to play lightly in the background . . . if desired, or there's mute if not :)

Reactions: Thomas B
I'm going to be out in Chandler, AZ in a couple of weeks for a reunion with my brothers and will definitely be taking my MA with me. . Hope to get some good desert footage and saguaro fly bys. Thanks for reminding me of the opportunity.

I'm going to be out in Chandler, AZ in a couple of weeks for a reunion with my brothers and will definitely be taking my MA with me. . Hope to get some good desert footage and saguaro fly bys. Thanks for reminding me of the opportunity.
Excellent area to fly. Lots of open land as you travel south of Chandler towards Casa Grande.

You could actually do this with high res photos too, and use Ken Burns effect for such movement, maybe a combo of pics and vid.
I feel you could add some relaxation music to such videos to play lightly in the background . . . if desired, or there's mute if not :)
Thanks good point. I don’t have any licensed music to use; just cue up a good playlist and let it flow. I’ve found these types of long form videos make good conversation when people are over.

Thanks good point. I don’t have any licensed music to use; just cue up a good playlist and let it flow. I’ve found these types of long form videos make good conversation when people are over.

True, plenty of free music out there I guess if needed though.

As far as the silent presentation, yeah if you can mix them up a bit, variety (like the apple tv screensavers), that would be good.
Some slow desert stuff of various types, the cacti, gorges, sunsets and sunrises, maybe some urban night vision (carefully and straight up and down, not sure of your local laws / experience), even a bit of daytime urban, you might occasionally get to the coast for some beach / ocean scenes :)

Have fun doing these, I haven't bothered rendering (or grading etc) anything of mine, that must take some time.

Try the areas off of HWY 87 on the way to Payson from Chandler if you can. Great desertscapes and mountains. Continue on HWY 260 from Payson to the Mogollon Rim... a 2000 ft tall granite escarpment in the middle of a ponderosa pine forest... spectacular!

Reactions: PhoenixBird
True, plenty of free music out there I guess if needed though.

As far as the silent presentation, yeah if you can mix them up a bit, variety (like the apple tv screensavers), that would be good.
Some slow desert stuff of various types, the cacti, gorges, sunsets and sunrises, maybe some urban night vision (carefully and straight up and down, not sure of your local laws / experience), even a bit of daytime urban, you might occasionally get to the coast for some beach / ocean scenes :)

Have fun doing these, I haven't bothered rendering (or grading etc) anything of mine, that must take some time.
Thank you, heading to Utah tomorrow and will try mixing it up a bit.

Some interesting things out there to be seen...

Sahuarita Saguaro

Sahuarita Pecan Orchard

I like the idea with still pics; would add a little variety.

I like the idea with still pics; would add a little variety.

Stills with the Ken Burns effect applied look almost like video sometimes too PB, in fact I think that's what many of those tv and other screen savers are really.
You can do this in iMovie, which is very simple, I use it often when doing intro screen frames, like the first 2 in this are stills, most likely from my iPhone . . .

Make the frame as long as you like, then adjust start and finish parts of the pic to give it flow desired, left to right, botton to top (or vice versa), or diagonally.

Edit, does this play in 1080 for any of you ?
My screen shows 720, not sure why, I shoot and save in 1080.

Reactions: KangaAir
Very nice smooth precision flying. Especially like the cloud reflections on the water at 1:07. Are you flying with obstacle avoidance off to get so close?

Well, my Sonoran desert experience wasn't all I'd hoped. The first place we went hiking didn't allow drones, and for a good reason, it was a hiking and horseback riding trail, and I'm sure drones would scare horses. The BLM land we went to next was OK but not as scenic. Fair amount of trash strewn about too, but the main problem I had was my Iphone overheating out in the sun. Twice the phone got so hot it shut down, something that has never happened before. Next time I'll plan the outing rather than tagging along with others and will start earlier in the day to avoid the heat. Lessons learned...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ