DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Arrested?? This is a bad rap, and we need to help.

It's well with in the law to arrest someone on suspicion weather guilty or not.
It's not up to the LEO to decide that.
That's why we have courts and judges to determine if you were guilty.
Hmmm Suspicion is that a felony or a misdemeanor , Suspicion is not a crime and you can't be arrested for Suspicion. You must be suspected of having committed a crime , in the process of committing crime or about to commit a crime in order to be arrested. Cops just can't arrest people on suspicion, ( Mod Removed Language)half the country would be arrested if that was the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm Suspicion is that a felony or a misdemeanor , Suspicion is not a crime and you can't be arrested for Suspicion. You must be suspected of having committed a crime , in the process of committing crime or about to commit a crime in order to be arrested. Cops just can't arrest people on suspicion, ( Mod Removed Language)half the country would be arrested if that was the case.
Suspicion, and suspected, are the same thing. Cops can, and will find any reason to stop a person, no matter what. Doesn't matter what we the public think, cops do whatever they feel like doing, have for over 100 years, and will continue to long after I'm dead, get used to it. Thankfully most judges are fairly level headed people.

Last edited:
Suspicion, and suspected, are the same thing. Cops can, and will find any reason to stop a person, no matter what. Doesn't matter what we thebpublic think, cops do whatever they feel like doing, have for over 100 years, and will continue to long after I'm dead, get used to it. Thankfully most judges are fairly level headed people m
and if it wasnt for the majority of cops doing their best to serve, we would be living in a very different society today. As "droners" we dont like to be labelled because of a few bad eggs, i would hate to see the same thing happening to our law enforcement officers. Never worked as a cop, but Ive served 20 years in the armed forces, my daughter works as an emergency room nurse and my son works in an agency involved in keeping us safe, and it always disturbs me when the bad eggs are always at the for front of peoples opinions.

Illegal or not, I don’t understand the need to “arrest him”. I’m not sure if it’s different in US but I think so (I’m in Australia). Here, you tend to get arrested for assault or break and enter. You’d could get issued with a charge for something like that, and perhaps offensive object confiscated as evidence (more if it’s a weapon etc.), but you’re unlikely to get carted off- big waste of taxpayer money! Most police wouldn’t know drone laws anyway... Even with dangerous driving here, idiots most likely get dropped home, whilst they lose their car for a month. Unless you had deliberately crashed your drone into the protestors, and were continuing to shout insults, you’d likely just get told to pack up and get what we call a “move on order”. In most Australian states police can tell someone like this to “move on” and failure to do that gets an arrest.
Overall, choking up the court system with this kind of thing just causes hatred of police and “the system”. Waste of time! However... as stated by others, that’s his story!

Reactions: floyd and Physopto
anyone have an update? i couldnt find results from the hearing

Reactions: PaulNH and JB913
The florida law says something to the effect if you could see them from the ground then it's ok.
Surprisingly the main purpose of the Florida law is to disallow warrantless surveillance.

---------------------------------
Basically the statutes that says something about drones in Florida (statewide) are this:

1. Chapter 330.41 - Unmanned Aircraft Systems Act
2. Chapter 330.411 - Prohibited possession or operation of weaponized unmanned aircraft (Cool, but illegal)
3. Chapter 860.13 - Operation of aircraft while intoxicated or in careless or reckless manner; penalty (Duh!)
4. Chapter 934.50 - Searches and seizure using a drone (this applies only to Law Enforcement)

In the privacy issue only applies if what you see, can be seen from ground level...that's difficult with a drone unless you fly it at 5 ft or less...I think that is common sense to respect other people. I try always to fly at least 150-200ft over houses.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne