DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aside from powering up the drone, is there a way to fix videos that have been corrupted by the drone being switched off before recording was stopped?

Yorkshire_Pud

Reactions
For example where a crash happened and the drone can no longer be switched on.
The above is a hypothetical case.

This is a hit and miss type of situation. Everything on the SD card, EXCEPT the last particular file that was being written should be intact. You can insert the SD card into a Windows PC and it will very likely tell you the drive needs to be repaired. Repairing the drive will allow access to the files on it but there's no guarantee that the last recorded file will be intact and error free.

For example where a crash happened and the drone can no longer be switched on.
The above is a hypothetical case.
My Experience with the MAVIC 2 ...
This can Be Fixed by starting the Drone... and Innitiating a Recording.
Then Stopping after 2-3 seconds.
I found it closed the files ... intact

With the Mavic 3 PRO -- I have used this sytem successfully as well

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
There might be an easy way to do this yourself or maybe you can find a fellow forum member who could help you out with their drone.

This is a hit and miss type of situation. Everything on the SD card, EXCEPT the last particular file that was being written should be intact. You can insert the SD card into a Windows PC and it will very likely tell you the drive needs to be repaired. Repairing the drive will allow access to the files on it but there's no guarantee that the last recorded file will be intact and error free.
I will give that a go, with a new card just for the test i.e. containing a properly stopped test video AND an improperly stopped test video.

Easily recovered with recovery software. Bare in mind it can take ages with a big card to get the right file :)

Those files have not been corrupted at all.
They just don't have a proper end of file marker.
I am aware of that, thanks, but "corrupted" seems to be the common term used to describe their condition.

BTW do you have any suggestions as to alternative methods of fixing them?

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dozerdan