DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aside from Price any reason to get a Spark?

nutsnbolts

Reactions
I know the Mavic Air is a couple hundred more or so why would someone get a spark aside from Price? Or is that what it really comes down to?

I'm just curious. I'm really debating on selling my spark for an Air to compliment my Mavic Pro Platinum. But I'm being impulsive now. :)

I'd have to say price would be the biggest factor

Don’t have an Air, but the Spark is one robust feeling drone, and for the money, the best in class. I enjoyed the Spark [emoji298]️. If it had a better camera, it would be my bird of choice for travel. My MP feels a little fragile for what it is and my Phantoms feel like tanks [emoji16]

I traded my Spark in for a Mavic Air and to be honest I’m missing my Spark. I loved that little guy. The camera is still very good for taking photos. I recommend the Spark any day and plan on getting another one in the future.

Reactions: b17raymo
Yeah I feel the spark is still a good drone. But if it wasn't for the price I think you can do away with the Spark and jump straight into a Mavic Air.

On the other hand, the Telio or whatever it's called by Ryse or something like that which is supposed to be 99 dollars or so is on my list for ultra portability and fun. In a way it's like a Telio or a Spark debate? Lol

I never had an interest in the Spark until I planned a trip to Costa Rica. Initially I was going to bring my Mavic but didn't want to risk anything happening to it so after seeing a good deal on E Bay I bought one.

I'm now a believer. No, it's not a Mavic but for its size, transportability and quality of photos and film clips, it suited my needs perfectly.

I believe the Spark is the most important drone in DJI's line-up. No Spark and your entry price is $799 or higher, that is a rather steep price for anyone to pay for your first drone. If DJI hopes to sell tons more drones, they have to entice new drone flyers with an affordable, yet capable model that will fully satisfy some and whet the whistle of others leading to more drone sales.

I chose the Mavic Air because of the neat features and the fact that I can afford it. However, my current needs can be totally satisfied by the Spark. 1) Extremely portable 2) great 1080 footage - don't have a computer that can edit 4K 3) Easy to fly (will be my first drone) 4) flight time and distance no problem since I'm mainly using it for family outings, vacations and other functions and just having fun flying 5) and great entry price.

The Air does not obsolete the Spark in the least, it just gives many more people a more affordable upgrade path. And for you more demanding droners the MP 2 will no doubt satisfy the vast majority of you.

Also, I will likely give several Sparks as Christmas gifts to some lucky nieces and nephews because it is a quality drone at a great entry level price.

Yeah I feel the spark is still a good drone. But if it wasn't for the price I think you can do away with the Spark and jump straight into a Mavic Air.

On the other hand, the Telio or whatever it's called by Ryse or something like that which is supposed to be 99 dollars or so is on my list for ultra portability and fun. In a way it's like a Telio or a Spark debate? Lol

The Telio is almost the same as the Parrot Mobo and it is 99.00 has a little cannon and some grabbers it will pick up
stuff and drop it where you want. Fly's great but it's just a toy with a bad camera

Reactions: Kilrah
The Telio is almost the same as the Parrot Mobo and it is 99.00 has a little cannon and some grabbers it will pick up
stuff and drop it where you want. Fly's great but it's just a toy with a bad camera

There is a big difference in the cameras between the two. The Mambo has a 0.9 mp camera, while the Tello has a 5 mp cam. The Tello also has digital image stabilization, and 3 minute longer flight time.

I would think the Tello is a better buy right out of the box comparing apples to apples. The claw and canon sound fun (Mambo) but is an additional charge. Neither come with a remote.

You know thinking about this much more and i was actually thinking of purchasing the air just because it's new I had to really ground myself and say, I don't really need it. What solidified it more is that I am happy with the Spark. I purchased the portable charging station and at this point, everything works wonderfully. The video/images captures are great and yes it may not be 3 axis gimbal and 4k, from the use that I have used it for, I never said to myself, dang, I wish it was 4k during my post processing edits. Nor I have flown crazy that I said, dang I wish it was 3 axis versus 2.

I guess I learned how to use it with it's limitation when I didn't have any options like the Mavic Air to turn to. I think the biggest mind changer that I said to myself was the portable charging station which is a godsend for my spark. 6 Batteries + Portable charging station is what keeps me going all day. Not like I go all day but it's a nice little device. I know that you can probably find substitutes with the Mavic Air and have that and then some that the Mavic Air offers but at this point, I realize I"m just being frivolous with my spendings.

Mavic Air 2 or Spark 2? Maybe a different story.

With that said, there is a saying that if you really want something. To save money, give yourself at least 1 to 2 hours or 1 to 2 days before clicking on the purchase button. This will help deter the craving :)

Reactions: zwt100
The spark is tempting, as I’m looking for something to mess around with inside during these lousy months...However, I think the Spark is just too much for what I need. I’m hoping I can hold off for the Tello and see what that does for me.

The spark is tempting, as I’m looking for something to mess around with inside during these lousy months...However, I think the Spark is just too much for what I need. I’m hoping I can hold off for the Tello and see what that does for me.

The spark is not an indoor drone. Tello perhaps but I haven't even seen it but I guess if you have large rooms, you can probably get away with it.

The spark is not an indoor drone. Tello perhaps but I haven't even seen it but I guess if you have large rooms, you can probably get away with it.

I would disagree. DJI put out a full article about how to fly the Spark indoors. Tello on the other hand is most definitely an indoor drone.

Those Sparks are tough as nails and I have to admit they handle 10-15 MPH wind without much trouble. I have doubts about the Tello as light as it is but we'll see. I wish the Tello would come with a controller similar to the Spark that would accept the 5.5 crystal sky. My buddy has a Spark he wants to sell me but he's got too much extra crap with it I don't need. The Air is of more interest to me due to it's folding size and better camera. If the MP-2 doesn't pan out, the Mavic Air and Fly-more kit would be a great option as vacation drone. Just depends on what you need.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone