DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Asus ROG 5 Gaming Phone works with Moverio BT-40 Glasses

f13dfx

Reactions
The Asus ROG 5 Phone with 2 USB-C ports works with BT-40 Glasses!!! These phones are rare but managed to acquire a new one and I’m glad to report that both ports work!!! I really wanted to make this work with the Standard DJI Controller as a lot of people have found that they could get a stronger connection compared to the Smart Controller. Also, because the Aspect Ratio of the ROG 5 is 20.4:9, I needed to install an app called SecondScreen to get the phone to output the correct aspect ratio of 16:9 to my BT-40 glasses. You will need a Windows PC with the Android Studio & SDK installed and run an ADB Shell command line to enable the change. SecondScreen will tell you what command line to use. Have had a couple of flights over a university campus with heavy Wifi interference and range with my standard controller & Mini 2 was very good up to 2km!

Ask away if you have any questions.

7CAF61F3-9228-4EE4-BB81-AE29830391F5.jpeg

Reactions: audi2000

Sharky05

Reactions
The Asus ROG 5 Phone with 2 USB-C ports works with BT-40 Glasses!!! These phones are rare but managed to acquire a new one and I’m glad to report that both ports work!!! I really wanted to make this work with the Standard DJI Controller as a lot of people have found that they could get a stronger connection compared to the Smart Controller. Also, because the Aspect Ratio of the ROG 5 is 20.4:9, I needed to install an app called SecondScreen to get the phone to output the correct aspect ratio of 16:9 to my BT-40 glasses. You will need a Windows PC with the Android Studio & SDK installed and run an ADB Shell command line to enable the change. SecondScreen will tell you what command line to use. Have had a couple of flights over a university campus with heavy Wifi interference and range with my standard controller & Mini 2 was very good up to 2km!

View attachment 138429
Do you think the phone will work with the BT300 glasses to on a Mavic 2 pro. Where and how to get a hold of it in NZ would be my next question. If I'm reading it correctly using the phone and the glasses you can have lets say a customer wear the glasses while you look at the phone, am I right in saying so. I have the glasses but struggling to find a combination that can work without having a lot of wires an other contraptions to do this.

f13dfx

Reactions
Yes, you can have your customer wear the glasses while you view the phone’s screen. You will need the BT-35e interface box between your BT-300 glasses & the Asus ROG phone; no need for the BT-300 Android controller. You can sell it to offset the cost of the BT-35e interface box ($284.87).

Last edited:

BobN2Tech

Reactions
How is it (BT-40's) in full Sun light? I have so much trouble seeing my Samsung S10 screen, and looking for a better solution. Do the BT-40's work well with all that ambient light? Also, how is the ROG 5 do with full sun?

f13dfx

Reactions
It has a magnetic shade attachment. That’s the reason I use the BT-40 cause even when I had the DJI Smart Controller I couldn’t make out the details clearly on it’s screen in direct sunlight. The ROG 5 is as bright as my iPhone 11 Pro with full sun.

Jmg02

Reactions
YES, that’s what I’m using right now! 👍🏼
Sorry having problems working out the visuals on this forum, can I confirm that you are using the rog 5 to control your mini 2?? My usb on the s10+ is failing and considering getting the roc 5 as a replacement but of course it's not on the compatibility list, so concerned about getting it...

f13dfx

Reactions
Sorry having problems working out the visuals on this forum, can I confirm that you are using the rog 5 to control your mini 2?? My usb on the s10+ is failing and considering getting the roc 5 as a replacement but of course it's not on the compatibility list, so concerned about getting it...
Yes I have been using it for over a year with the Mini 2 and the DJI RC-N1 standard controller.

sapsan

Reactions

View attachment 138429

sapsan

Reactions
I have air 2s and rc pro they work great. Additionally I use Epson moverio by 40 I am very happy with the operation of these devices!

Attachments

• 8267BD27-662A-494D-94F4-5DE2D4421FA9.jpeg
    8267BD27-662A-494D-94F4-5DE2D4421FA9.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 2
  • B1194381-0020-432B-A43C-869674EF58D4.jpeg
    B1194381-0020-432B-A43C-869674EF58D4.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Reactions: f13dfx
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics