DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Atacama Desert, Chile- MilkyWay Panorama

Your a lucky man Dale to get to travel to all these beautiful places. Being that astronomy and cosmology is my passion, I would love to get to that desert. The bright spot in the Milky Way is the center of our galaxy at about 28,000 light years, but the Large Magellanic Cloud is about 158,000 light years away and the Small Magellanic Cloud is 199,000.
Two of the many satellite galaxies slowly being eaten by the Milky Way. Can't wait to see your video.
Hi Lets Fly!
Thanks for the kind thoughts. Yes, I have been a determined traveler all of my life, and when I got married, I told my young wife we will see the world. I've spent my life trying to keep that promise, and I think I have. Now over 100 countries at age 83 (wife 77). My photography drove our travels, and cameras and drones were the dominant factors. She always went along with it. We have now been to Chile 6 times., including Patagonia x 2, and other places on the way to the Antarctic. It is a warm and friendly country and they have beautiful people, good food and wine, and great lodges.

If you go to Atacama, please do yourself a treat and stay at the Explora Atacama. You will never stop thanking me.
https://www.explora.com

I am working (Adobe Photoshop editing)
today on one of the day trips from Chiloe, in the southern part of the country. It's one of the largest islands in the archipelago and has colorful towns, and a wonderful destination lodge called Tierra Chiloe. You can Google it for some great images.
Thanks for the information about those Magellanic Clouds. I will use it in the video, perhaps.

Dale
Miami

Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 2.10.20 PM.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato