DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ATL in the house

Doodi

Reactions
hi everyone!

just got a new mavic 2. only flown it two times. pretty easy tho. so far so good. super excited to learn more about it. I had a pahntom years ago but then got into fpv and spent all my money on it. lol. i'm a camera assistant on tv shows and stuff and they keep getting these guys who i dont think are that hot lol, so i figured I could try it. now i have a mavic! i was told i need to get a license.

Doodi

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup
Yes, you will need to register yourself at FAADroneZone

Welcome to the forums - great place to get tips and answers to your questions. Also, the search function 1581617716076.png is an excellent place to search for the many questions a new member will have.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.

oh cool. yeah that looks like 107 stuff i heard about. lots to learn!

If you are flying for commercial purposes, reward for using your UAV, or using it for any commercial enterprise (even free of charge) you then need to do the more rigorous and costly part 107 licence.

If only fly for recreation, there is a simple registration scheme in the US, so no need to go out rushing int part 107 if so.

Enjoy the new bird, after FPV you will find it pretty easy, and be interesting to see how much better it might be over the old Phantom too.

Welcome to the forum.

If you are flying for commercial purposes, reward for using your UAV, or using it for any commercial enterprise (even free of charge) you then need to do the more rigorous and costly part 107 licence.

If only fly for recreation, there is a simple registration scheme in the US, so no need to go out rushing int part 107 if so.

Enjoy the new bird, after FPV you will find it pretty easy, and be interesting to see how much better it might be over the old Phantom too.

thanks! yeah. i already registered it. i did that with my fpv drones too. not sure about doing a drone business yet. but gonna consider it.

Doodi

Reactions: Thomas B
Welcome to the forum and the addiction LOL!

Fortunately it's not nearly as expensive as FPV is unless you keep wanting newer and bigger UAS then it gets crazy expensive.

If you plan on using the drone on the TV shows you work on you do need a Certificate as in part 107.
The test is not that difficult. Also you will learn a lot that will help you keep from crashing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS