DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Atlanta checking in...

Very cool movie man. I am in the N GA mountain areas this weekend. This is a nice area and away from the airports. I just did a roof inspection for my mom in law. I want to get a certification and just need to sit down long enough to study the materials. Lol

Many Thanks for the compliment, but I can totally tear apart my video. As we become more experienced and learn things, we also discover our previous flaws.

The video was way too long for what it was. My initial upward pans were too jerky and not smooth. I was more concerned with not flying into something (-which is a good thing). Backward flying had me spooked.

A better way would've been for me to begin the footage at altitude, then flying in to a landing. In Resolve, you can take that clip and reverse it. With no backwards -driving cars, it would've been smoother and my forward sensors would've protected me.

I used clips from two shoots. -Only two weeks apart, but by then the trees had bloomed.

I've since learned how to better blend scenes from one to another.

The last scene was actually a picture from my digital camera. In Resolve, you can mix media.

Shorter clips would've been better.

Next video will incorperate the lessons learned from this one. My goal is to progress to where I'm as capable as the tool that we use.

As far as the 107 certification, I was lucky. I was exempted from the knowledge test. If I would’ve had to sit for the exam, I would’ve (-actually I did anyways) picked up the Drone Pilot Test Prep book published by asa. They’ve been around forever, and pilots have used their material for years. They even include five sample tests.

I just registered the King School online course and watched some videos. Maybe I will check out that Test Prep book before I take the test. Tkx for the tip.

The Kings have the best way to make the information "palatable". For me, I use the stuff daily as a pilot. For a drone pilot not familiar with piloting skills, the information can be daunting. Who knows, you may end up flying "full-scale"!

Why, you're just down scenic highway 10 minutes or so. I just completed a video of Snellville that I cobbled together from this weekend's outing. -Still learning, and I used Resolve Free as editing software. There's SO much to learn.

I just tamed my gimbal controls, but must work on my panning abilities. They're still WAY too sensitive! I've not even begun to learn about color grading. That'll be my next step.

Amazon Drive

Hello from Suwanee. I’ve had my Mavic Pro for a while but haven’t used it as much as I’d hoped. I’m 107 certified and fly a P4 for work, amongst other things. I want to put together a demo reel and go find commercial opportunities, but I’ll need better footage first. Here’s a link to 2 quick videos, one a house and the other Tybee Island. I’ll add more eventually.
Mark L

Reactions: GreatScott
Hello from Suwanee. I’ve had my Mavic Pro for a while but haven’t used it as much as I’d hoped. I’m 107 certified and fly a P4 for work, amongst other things. I want to put together a demo reel and go find commercial opportunities, but I’ll need better footage first. Here’s a link to 2 quick videos, one a house and the other Tybee Island. I’ll add more eventually.
Mark L
Very nice videos

Mark L

I was very fortunate in that I was exempted from the knowledge test. That's one of the perks from being an ATP.

Still, the skills needed to fly safely and skillfully must be slowly learned, and the drone has humbled me on several occasions. Airspace knowledge is absolutely no help when it comes to coordinating a turn with a point of interest. In fact, some of the controls on a drone are exactly the opposite that of an airplane! "Pull up" in an airplane will cause the craft to gain altitude. If you pull on the left stick on a drone control you'll sink into the weeds!

Agree about flying it safely and follow the laws and rules. The more I read about it the more limitations I discover but it is good to know.

I have the Mavic Pro, which is an excellent drone. One day this week I'll be re-shooting some footage in Snellville. You're welcome to stand next to me if you wish. Just leave contact information.

Jadie never replied, and we were only 10 minutes apart. Baley, the Mavics are wonderful drones. Your next decision will be editing software (-sigh).

I have been using Sony Vegas and it has no problems with the files. I'm looking forward to doing some flying IF THE RAIN WOULD STOP!

Rain and wind do not add to the health of a drone! I was scheduled to do a shoot in Grayson, but I’ve postponed for all of the obvious reasons. I’ll wait until the hurricane passes

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998